Colts top Madison in CG

Madison and SCV traded drill writers for 2006 (Pete Weber to SCV, Myron Rosander to Madison) for a couple of draft picks and a soprano player to be named later.

:lolhit:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not at all surprised with Colts guard score. Last year, that was a strength of theirs and that is continuing this year. Their Caption head Carla Burges-Tomas has been with the corps for a few years now - building a strong colour guard program.

Actually, Pete Webber was only with Madison for the 2005 season.

I have heard that as recently as a few years ago a good portion of the Madison CG were people who got cut from the brassline... does this have any basis in reality or is it as I suspect?

I heard that in 2002 their were a large number of percussionists that ended up in the guard, simply because they didn't have enough spots for them. We have one of those guys playing tenor in the Alumni Project! He's good... Almost as good as I am! ;)

Awww.. you mean Justin? I forgot about that.. you're right.. he did get cut from brass.. and thank goodness!

I miss him.. I wonder what he's doing these days.. he's one of my all-time favorite scouts..

Stef

I saw him in Madison in '02...he said he was moving back to MN...or WI or wherever it was his parents were from. At the time he was on management staff with Northern Lights. I think I still have his business card in my wallet.

great guy tho...just awesome.

"JUSTIN KAYNES HAS NO BRAINS!!!"

ahhhh...I miss those days...

I saw him in Madison in '02...he said he was moving back to MN...or WI or wherever it was his parents were from. At the time he was on management staff with Northern Lights. I think I still have his business card in my wallet.

great guy tho...just awesome.

"JUSTIN KAYNES HAS NO BRAINS!!!"

ahhhh...I miss those days...

I think 02 was the last time I saw him, too.. or maybe it was 99? Whatever year it was, I know it was behind the field, by the back stands and I barely recognized him because he almost had hair!

Do let me know if you happen to run across him sometime..

Stef

I think 02 was the last time I saw him, too.. or maybe it was 99? Whatever year it was, I know it was behind the field, by the back stands and I barely recognized him because he almost had hair!

Do let me know if you happen to run across him sometime..

Stef

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I'm sure it'll be like last time finals were in Madison and they'll be an unofficial scouts reunion after finals at the bar down the street from the stadium (the one with the sand volleyball court beside it...can't remember the name). And if he's there, I'm sure he'll show. That's where I saw him last, anyway (maybe he's still there...lol).

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I'm sure it'll be like last time finals were in Madison and they'll be an unofficial scouts reunion after finals at the bar down the street from the stadium (the one with the sand volleyball court beside it...can't remember the name). And if he's there, I'm sure he'll show. That's where I saw him last, anyway (maybe he's still there...lol).

The Stadium Bar on Monroe Street (next to the UW Police Department across from Camp Randall) will be the official Madison Scouts' Fans Headquarters all week. When looking for good bar food and drinks, it's the best in the area.

The Stadium Bar on Monroe Street (next to the UW Police Department across from Camp Randall) will be the official Madison Scouts' Fans Headquarters all week. When looking for good bar food and drinks, it's the best in the area.

Yep...that's the place...

This is probably a completely baseless rumor, and I should know better than to believe anything I hear about other corps while I'm on tour (except that BD has rehearsed in a swimming pool... d### them!), BUT... I have heard that as recently as a few years ago a good portion of the Madison CG were people who got cut from the brassline... does this have any basis in reality or is it as I suspect?

The entire guard this year is guard...no former brass players or X-Men as they were named in 2002. That year, there were only 3 or 4 guys who had spun before being placed in the guard. They did a great job for being drummers, but it certainly hurt the visual scores.