Colts top Madison in CG

Back to the topic at hand. The Colts have a nice show this year. I really like their opener.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison and SCV traded drill writers for 2006 (Pete Weber to SCV, Myron Rosander to Madison) for a couple of draft picks and a soprano player to be named later.

:)

Did either team take a hit against the cap?

:)

Did either team take a hit against the cap?

I think they both cleared some cap room for some free agents.

Last year Madison's guard didn't spin a whole lot, wonder if that is plaguing them again this year......

I heard that Scouts were forming a winterguard for next season...which makes me VERY happy...maybe they can keep some of that talent closer so they don't have to wait so long to get the entire guard together for rehearsals and such...

This is probably a completely baseless rumor, and I should know better than to believe anything I hear about other corps while I'm on tour (except that BD has rehearsed in a swimming pool... d### them!), BUT... I have heard that as recently as a few years ago a good portion of the Madison CG were people who got cut from the brassline... does this have any basis in reality or is it as I suspect?

A few things that need to be said:

As a Madison vet, I can safely say that there was no "five-year plan." The only thing you could say was a "plan" was the 3 years following the 2002 season which were designed to get the corps back on its feet financially and competitively. Even if there were a 5-year plan, your math is wrong, as 2003-2006 is only 4 years of drum corps. But whatever. Early season scores are, as correctly identified earlier, a bit whacky. The Crossmen beat The Cadets in percussion, Esperanza has a field score tie with Blue Devils; things like that happen. The Cavaliers 3-pointed The Cadets in Toledo last year, and look how that turned out. The only thing you can take from this first week regarding Coats and Scouts is that the Bluecoats are absolutely ON FIRE coming out of the gates, which is a tribute to smart designing and hard work during everydays, whereas the Scouts seem to be struggling to put it all together early on. I'm excited to start listening to Bluecoats' show, as all my friends who have seen it say that it's exciting from start to finish.

For DBC's rumor: "I have heard that as recently as a few years ago a good portion of the Madison CG were people who got cut from the brassline".

I dont know if thats true today. But I know in 94 a lot of the color guard were brass players that got cut, and they seemed to do just fine in 94. Also one of those color guard members that got cut from the brass line that 94 season turned out to be the "good pirate" in 97, and I believe he was the section leader that year (or co-section leader).

Also one of those color guard members that got cut from the brass line that 94 season turned out to be the "good pirate" in 97, and I believe he was the section leader that year (or co-section leader).

Awww.. you mean Justin? I forgot about that.. you're right.. he did get cut from brass.. and thank goodness!

I miss him.. I wonder what he's doing these days.. he's one of my all-time favorite scouts..

Stef

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know where Pete Weber staffed in 2003? I know he was with Colts in '02, then went to Madison in '04-05, now SCV. What about '03?