APD - Cavaliers

Enjoying the cavies APD right now. Wow, what a show. All around - awesome. Many changes/improvements to come, as happens every summer.

My goodness their drumline certainly has a different sound this summer. Kickin!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely agree. Since Jim Casella was announced as the new Cavies caption head i've been anxious to hear the 2006 show.

The drumline seem to have so much presence this year and although there are a few SCV '03 and '04 licks in their the writing is still top notch. I'm loving the opener at the moment and to be quite honest apart from the Bluecoats show i'm really enjoying all of the APDS. :music:

Yes they have a very SCV-ish sound now. Which isn't a bad thing, by any stretch of the imagination :) This show is going to grow and be phenomenal come August.

absolutely agree. Since Jim Casella was announced as the new Cavies caption head i've been anxious to hear the 2006 show.

The drumline seem to have so much presence this year and although there are a few SCV '03 and '04 licks in their the writing is still top notch. I'm loving the opener at the moment and to be quite honest apart from the Bluecoats show i'm really enjoying all of the APDS. :music:

Like the new drumline sound a lot, though it's obvious the whole design team needs a little more time to gel and make their individual contributions flow together better. I'm sure that'll happen over the course of the season.

Overall, it's an excellent show. Ending is dissapointing, but Cavies always have several new endings in the can ready to go throughout the course of the season. I'm a little dissapointed that with such a different concept from what they've done in the past, the music felt so similar to recent Cavies shows. It's one thing to have a style...it's a whole other thing for the audience to feel like they've heard large segments of the show before, which I did.

I especially felt that way since the parts that I didn't feel like were repeats(the opener after the intro, specifically) were the coolest.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of Richard Saucedo's music sounds the same. I haven't heard this year's show but I'm not suprised that people are saying it sounds like something they heard last year or the years before.

To me, the ballad has some hints of previous years, but the rest of it sounds different. Very aggressive. I love it.

It is very much like the 01, 02, 03 shows. I LOVED those shows by the way.

the pit and the percussion is VERY different from the past of course. the balad is very GOOD. But I'm not sure if it has hit home with me like the past championship shows they have had. BUT I have heard the drill is really cool, so we will ahve to wait to see it livE!

Absolutely LOVE the show. I have listened to it 5 times already today. I have the feeling it will definitely be one of my top 3 favorite shows this year musically. Won't know until I hear all the corps shows, but no matter what, I LOVE THIS SHOW.

All of the APDs were very good. Definitely worth the $1.99 each.

I finally got the chance to listen to their show and I must say that I am very suprised by how good the quality of the recording is. I also have to say their music is quite different than what Richard Saucedo usually writes for them.