APD - Cavaliers

I've tried that approach before. I gave up on it this year. :)

If nothing else, get yourself the Bluecoats APD. HOT!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the show a lot. The percussion gave me goosebumps but in a bad, fingernails-on-chalkboard kinda way! I have never had that kind of reaction to a d&bc show!

I was listening to this back to back with Bluecoats and Phantom. The PR and Cavvies percussion have different styles but both are great.

I can't get the opener and Marsalis piece out of my head...

The jazz-ish / groove section is from Wynton Marsalis' "Sweet Release." Its the second movement, "Church: Renewing Vows" which goes along with the third movement, "Church Basement: Party." Great writing by Marsalis, written for the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra. Man, can they play.

Saucedo's arrangement is pretty decent. Overall I enjoy the show, though as someone else said the ending is disappointing right now, as it always is early on until they add the real finale. Loved Bluecoats, too.

Can't wait for the west coast APDs.

Too many percussion breaks for me. Seems like over half of the show it's JUST percussion.

Cheers, :grrr:

Sean

w/Stp:

Too many percussion breaks for me. Seems like over half of the show it's JUST percussion.

Cheers, :grrr:

Sean

w/Stp:

Whats wrong with that? :P Actually I don't notice any more percussion "breaks" than when Kuhn/Johnson were arranging.

They sound really good and yes, the drum line is smokin'

but...

they could title this "variations on a theme of stuff they've already done"

007 kicked major butt and the niagra falls themed show was awesome, too. But this just doesn't go anywhere and I can usually tell right off if it's going to be an unstoppable winner. This isn't. They will score very high (and may even take it all) due to impecable execution but musically this doesn't do it for me. jmho.

Dan