Academy

there are a few that post (one even reading this thread as we speak :P ) but they do so anonymously.

and from day one of the competitive season in academy we were instructed on how to react when scores were read.

rocketman? lol

and well that makes sense of why they act how they do... ha

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, no, not rocketman. she's gone now anyhow.

sigh you guys don't know me and brian at all. honestly I don't care who wins, it just pisses me off to no extent when people are so close minded that they make silly statements such as "no competition" and others along those lines.

and jjeffeory, you're right, I wasn't directing it at you. it's just somewhat annoying when we all know that it will be a tight race to the end but people are blowing it way out of proportion. Academy could very well win, and if so that's great. I have a friend who marches there (who posts here often) who had marched ECJ for 3 years, and I will wish him the best of luck. But let's be honest, even Magic didn't win by the 19 points Academy is beating Impulse by.

I know some people have been around quite a while, I've been marching for 12 years myself now, so I also know that anything and everything can and will happen. so if you think i'm begging for attention see it your way. I'm just trying to shed some light for those of you who don't know me from my frequent posting and/or from being in drum corps in general. neither brian or I are begging for attention, we're just very realistic. Hence why in my predictions I had Academy in first, but I'm not dooming any other corps. Have a nice day.

:laugh:

~>conner

as far as a corps in DII being as good as a top 15 or top 12 DI corps, just look at any of the recent DII champs, subtract ten points from their score (approx for the sheet difference) and they're (ECJ '05, Spartans '04 etc.) in that top bracket of DI.

If you look at actual objective scoring history the difference between sheets is more like 15 points, but your point is well taken - the cream of the Div II crop can be very competitive with the Div I corps fighting for semifinals. ...and once in a while they can approach finalist quality.

the corps that I know of....ECJ, Surf, Spartans, BDB don't rehearse every day. For some reason i feel as though Vanguard Cadets don't either since I saw one of my friends online the other day. and other than Academy those are from the past few years the best corps in div II. so, yeah. Maybe div III corps work harder, I dunno. None of the Northeast corps rehearse every day. point blank. 3 champions last year, none rehearsed every day until they were on tour.

I probably shouldn't bring back an old issue, but I know that the Oregon Crusaders rehearse everyday. They started a week ago and will continue to practice every day until tour ends. Just thought I might throw that out there...

Edited by thelittleman

what ever happened to being modest?? sure theyre good.. i gotta give em' that.. but does anyone think the scores are a little high even for this point in the season?? even div 1.. and im kinda thinking especialy that show.

some judges are cheering for the home team cough cough.

and saying the show isnt what it could be because of holes due to member still in school is kind of an excuse no?? dont wanna bust anyones bubble, but i thought excuses were unacceptable in drum corps?

do yourselves a favor learn and perfect your show and bring it to the field in august.. the end.