Cadets

The (Sponsored by Youth Education in the Arts) Cadets open their competitive season tonight in Birmingham, AL. The lineup for the show includes:

The Cadets

Phantom Regiment

Spirit from JSU

Southwind

The Magic

Teal Sound

What are your predictions for Garfield's first outing? Will the props and costumes be an acid junkie's worst nightmare? or a drum corps fan's 'moist' dream?

or is there really a difference?

I think Cadets will be just fine. From what I could tell from early season clips, they have an extremely talented brass line, percussion section, and guard. In terms of performance captions, they will be solid across the board. For them it will really come down to their visual program, cleaning, and GE.

I really think Phantom will win tonight. They are seasoned and have had time to adjust their show (to some extent) based on judges input and their own self assessment.

Phantom Regiment 73.9

Cadets 72.2

Spirit 65.7

Southwind 64.5

Magic 63.7

Teal Sound 58.9

Looking at the scores from the last couple of nights, plan on the Cadets being at 76 or 77. They won't open significantly above or below how the sheets place Cavaliers and BD at this point in the season. PR will be 2 or 3 points back.

I hear Crossmen have an actual show comin' up sometime in the next few weeks... B)

Cadets 75.9

PR 73.75

Spirit 68.95

SW 65.8

Magic 65.1

Teal Sound 57.3

Cadets 75.9

PR 73.75

Spirit 68.95

SW 65.8

Magic 65.1

Teal Sound 57.3

Pretty good, except that SW got a 59.2 and Magic got a 55.75 at their last shows, I would tick their numbers down a bit. SW prolly closer to a 62 and Magic around 57. Just MO.

The percussion scores will be particulary interesting seeing that Phantom has already beaten Bluecoats and Cavaliers in drums and word on the street is Cadets percussion is smokin'!

Looking at the scores from the last couple of nights, plan on the Cadets being at 76 or 77. They won't open significantly above or below how the sheets place Cavaliers and BD at this point in the season. PR will be 2 or 3 points back.

Blue Devils only just got a 76.55, Cavaliers are at 76 flat. I would be surprised if Cadets match that the first night out. I'll put them in the 73.00-75.50 range.