Last 2 DIV 1 corps hit the field Friday!

Cascades! GO ROSE!!!!!!

(Explanation - Rose of Guns and Rose is marching Cascades this year - see my sig....)

Yeah, but didnt they come out in early July or something like that?

Elmo Blatch

Last year their first show was in Chesapeake, VA, on June 29th. Westminster was on June 30th last year.

Yeah, but didnt they come out in early July or something like that?

Elmo Blatch

Nope, they came out at Chesapeake, just like this year. The only difference is that last year they spent forever in spring training at Kutshers. They left Kutshers earlier this year, but then set up in Virginia for a while.

Nope, they came out at Chesapeake, just like this year. The only difference is that last year they spent forever in spring training at Kutshers. They left Kutshers earlier this year, but then set up in Virginia for a while.

Actually same amount of time was spent at Kutshers. Last year they spent the following week in Aston PA and this year in Warrenton VA. Same schedule as last year.

For the Crossmen, GE shouldn't be a problem...guard is great and horns are sounding nice but can still push some air...My only hope is that they go on the field in Westminster and punch the crowd in the chest. They need that attitude this summer; it separates them from the other teams in their tier. This show will allow it!

Go Bones!

I think that the Cascades are going to surprise a lot of people this year with the degree of difficulty of their program and their performance of it. The corps is more dedicated this year than they have been in many years (since 2002). One of the things that I have noticed is that there is more motivation of the corps members to maintain higher performance standards within the ranks of the corps itself and a real sense of teamwork exists. They have had much to overcome since 2003 with some of their staff changes, and it seems that they have reached a good blend this year even with change of directorship. Their sound and drill is much, MUCH, MUCH better than last year out the gate!

I figure they are going to hit the deck with at least a 69.5 and would not be surprised to see them with a low seventy score. It's always a shame that the corps is in the company of pretty much BD and SCV until Denver each year so hard to truly rate them fairly IMHO.

Of course, I'm a bit biased. :P

Edited by Cascade Mama