Last 2 DIV 1 corps hit the field Friday!

On Friday June, 30th the last two Division 1 corps hit the field for the first time in judged DCI competition.

The Crossmen started spring training on May 30th and have been on tour since June 17th. Their first show was a rainout, but the standstill reveiws look promising. Their next show is Music in Motion in Westminster, MD. They will face The Cadets, Phantom Regiment, Crown, Boston, Spirit and Magic.

The Seattle Cascades have been in camp since 6/17, and have their first judged show this Friday. Precision West in CA. They will see BD, SCV, Blue Knights, Pacific Crest, Mandarins and Esperanza.

The unweighted scores from DCP as of today.

Blue Devils 81.30

Cavaliers 77.95

Santa Clara Vanguard 76.40

Bluecoats 76.10

The Cadets 76.10

Phantom Regiment 74.55

Boston Crusaders 72.35

Blue Knights 71.70

Carolina Crown 70.85

Madison Scouts 70.25

Crossmen 69.00

Spirit from JSU 68.20

Glassmen 67.30

Colts 66.85

Mandarins 65.75

Pacific Crest 64.55

Blue Stars (D1) 64.00

Seattle 64.00

Capital Regiment 62.75

Esperanza 61.05

Southwind 59.70

The Magic 56.70

Pioneer 51.45

Based on gut/reveiws/conjecture/wishes/science, where do you think the two teams will place Friday? I know the scores will change by then, but how about a relative placement?

Edited by jonnyboy

Bueller?......Bueller?...........Bueller?

Crossmen got some pretty good reviews from their standstill. Sounds like they have a very exciting product once again this year.

And Crossmen also have a much improved visual program this year!!!

heard great things. just waiting for some scores.

rumor-visual should be the high point instead of the low this season.

And Crossmen also have a much improved visual program this year!!!

There's an understatement if there ever was one.

I got to see their runthrough on 6/21, and there is just no comparison to the past two years. They will have no trouble slipping back into finals and then some.

Visual: Better design, faster, better staging

Hornline: More well rounded book, the best ballad of the season PERIOD (and it already sounds great), great mello sound already :ph34r: , trumpets quickly improving over preseason recordings, baris sounding good and improving

Perc: Not a drummer, but they sound tighter than they did at this point last year

Guard: Some good stuff, but I'm in no way qualified to judge anything a guard does

The new regime in the staff has brought a new philosophy to the corps. Gone is the "PLAY LOUDER no matter what you sound like" attitude of the Larry Markiewicz years where sound quality was sacrificed in a futile attempt at boosting GE scores. Don't get me wrong though, they're loud, and getting louder.

Let me preface this part by saying that I generally hate amped voice. I have yet to hear a recording of the cadets that doesn't sound like an out of tune, off timbre, untasteful, bag of trash ampssuck (as far as singing is concernetd). However, the voice used by the Crossmen really fits well and isn't overly in your face or inappropriate. Even though it makes my blood boil to say so; it adds to the show. I still think that they could get the same ideas accross without it, but it is working for them and we all know that the judges absolutely love amps.

And the best thing about the runthrough: First drum corps chills of the season b**bs

Seattle Cascades about a 68.? something, this is going by just a rough average over the last 4 yrs or so, Last year at their first show popped a 69.75 at the Moonlight Classic in Stockton.

Xmen Should probably be around 69 if not higher

Seattle Cascades about a 68.? something, this is going by just a rough average over the last 4 yrs or so, Last year at their first show popped a 69.75 at the Moonlight Classic in Stockton.

Xmen Should probably be around 69 if not higher

Last year Crossmen opened with a 72.5. Seeing that most reports are they are ahead of last year and design is much improved especially visual, I would expect them in the 73-74 range on Friday.

Last year Crossmen opened with a 72.5. Seeing that most reports are they are ahead of last year and design is much improved especially visual, I would expect them in the 73-74 range on Friday.

Yeah, but didnt they come out in early July or something like that?

Elmo Blatch