Music of your life

If you could pick one song that would best describe yourself in your Drum Corps days ( and for some of us it would be during our ill begotten youth) what would that song be?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...this could be fun, but I can't pick just one, Susan.

If it's a corps type song, it would be "Magnificent Seven" because that's the one that got me into it all the first time I ever saw a corps...

If it's a song in general, then I have to pick three that would represent:

1.) Everybodies Everything - Santana (even though Kilt's played it, it was one that I heard over and over again in my years in corps...and it jams!)

2.) Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (just represents well, that's all)

3.) Feels So Good - Mangione (OK, I know it's a whole album, but it pretty much covers my whole emotional "being" in corps)

There are many more, but those are the ones that sum it up for me.

Great thread Susan!!!!!!!

I was born in '62 and the music that played in the background of my youth was Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen and yes Styx. :laugh:

One of my top 5 songs from that time is Best Friend by Queen and I think it sums up my drum corps experience very well.

Edited by dckid80

If it's a corps type song, it would be "Magnificent Seven" ...

We played that in the Jr. Scouts (can't remember the year though, '73 maybe).

I KNOW this will seem cheesy to some, but after all these years the only one that comes to mind is MYNWA.

Yeah, I know, cheesy as ####, but that was the first thing to come to mind. (That's probably because I had the privlage of singing it with the lads in Coon Rapids.)

Of course, there's always "We Are Family".

Edited by Roark1

Wow, so many to choose from. It will be hard to narrow it down to just a few, let alone one!

Strawberry Soup would have to be included in this for me. It is my favorite song of all times. I would also like to include Appalachian Spring, Send in the Clowns, Malaguena and Channel 1 Suite.

No lyrics, the music says it all!

Edited by MaxwellNotes

For me personally, it would probably be "Strange Animal" by Gowan.... hey I marched tymp and we were seen in that light at times, and "Lean on Me".

My Song: I'd have to say "Does anybody really know what time it is?" Chicago

Edited by S. Pearson