Final 2006 standings

It's crazy that, as great as groups like Bluecoats and Glassmen have been this year, offering us some of their best shows ever, they might still end up with the same placement as last year. There's a lot of quality in finals this year, I can't wait to have the finished products on CD and DVD!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't do these prediction things but I might as well:

I predict the top three will all be within a half of a point. (which means they could place in any order)

1.Blue Devils - should be able to max out the performance level with this show

2.Cavalers - just slightly dirtier than the Blue Devils

3.Cadets - makes a scary late season push but just falls short

next tier (within a tenth)

4.Phantom - a monster finals performance - the crowd favorite again

5.Bluecoats - PR barely out performs them in Finals

next tier (all within a point)

6.Carolina Crown - cleans up there drill enough to stay in this spot

7.Vanguard

8.Madison Scouts

9.Blue Knights

10.Boston

11.Glassmen

12.Spirit

Edited by Tez

you guys putting cadets in 4, 5, 6... are in for a shocker!

"don't have enough meat in their show?"

"fizzle out"

"they are still the Cadets"

odd stuff.

I think alot of the predictions for 7-12 are gonna be tossed... Going to be alot more interesting that expected, and gonna see some great shows.. Quaters and semis are a must see this year with some of teh corps taht may get squeaked out in the end.. miss them and youll miss some great performances.

Just for giggles...

feel free to disagree logically :P

1. Cadets (Never underestimate the ability to add and clean with the best of them in the last week)

2. Blue Devils (an enjoyable show that could still surprise me in terms of finishing ability)

3. Cavaliers (this could flip flop with Devils, a very impressive design)

4. Bluecoats (plenty to clean add and improve between now and the end, most room to improve in the top 6 in my homer-based opinion)

5. Phantom (maybe the best drums in the activity this summer, a wonderful sounding horn line as well)

6. SCV (these guys could jump Phantom or even 'Coats as they are rapidly improving)

7. Crown ( Headed in the right direction with their corps, pushes past Madison between now and the end)

6. Madison (love the corps but swing and a miss this year for them. Again, the corps is great! Just a tough year to move up)

9. Blue Knights (totally based on numbers, haven't seen 'em, but hear great things about the percussion)

10. Boston (intriguing ideas, not sure why they aren't scoring higher)

11. Glassmen (Proof that a good guard and decent drill covers a lot of weaknesses in performance and musical design elsewhere)

12. Spirit (Why 12? Because the drill has worked against, instead of helped, musical effect this time around. Great playing hornline! markedly better than the two to three teams in front of them)

i dont understand my so many people are putting crown so low...they are good this year...they will finish no lower than 7th...i dont think they will break the top 5 but i right now they are the front runner for 6th place in my eyes

i dont understand my so many people are putting crown so low...they are good this year...they will finish no lower than 7th...i dont think they will break the top 5 but i right now they are the front runner for 6th place in my eyes

Yes, Crown is good, but so is everyone else.

Its just predictions. Everyone has to go somewhere.

Yes, Crown is good, but so is everyone else.

There's the rub. Who does Crown beat? 'Coats, Regiment or Cadets for 5th? I have a hard time seeing that right now. So then there's SCV, BK, Madison, and Boston. Crown hasn't seen the first two, and while they've been ahead of the second two we could see anything happen. I mean, if last night's scores are any indication Madison is making a push. Conceivably, Crown could finish 10th and it would be no slouch on them at all.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. SCV

7. Carolina Crown

8. Madison

9. BAC

10. Blue Knights

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit of JSU

1) Blue Devils (because they deserve it, not because it's an 06)

2) Cavaliers

3) The Cadets

4) Phantom Regiment

5) Bluecoats

6) Carolina Crown

7) Santa Clara Vanguard

8) Blue Knights

9) Madison Scouts

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Crossmen

12) Glassmen

GE - Blue Devils