What in the world are the Scouts Playing? And Why?

This post helps to confirm my thoughts about DCP. I find it funny that someone can write a negative and somewhat harsh opinion about a Top 12 corps (which in this case, I agree with) but not get called a troll or a flamer etc unless it has something to do with the Green Machine.

Please. <**> This happens all the time for every corps. People have opinion and others disagree. Flame wars begin, some fizzle faster than others, names are thrown back and forth, mud is thrown, then calmer heads prevail (or the mods come into the sand pit and tell everyone to stop). We are a passionate group. We LOVE our drum corps and defend our opinions. The so called bias towards any one corps you are claiming to exist simply is not there. Sure, there are plenty of homers out there, but there is in no way a clear bias towards one corps - Cavies in particular. All you need do is read the treads - plenty of criticism, praise, flaming, etc. for your reading pleasure.

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This post helps to confirm my thoughts about DCP. I find it funny that someone can write a negative and somewhat harsh opinion about a Top 12 corps (which in this case, I agree with) but not get called a troll or a flamer etc unless it has something to do with the Green Machine.

You're not the first person to be called out for trolling, and the Cavies aren't the first corps to be the target of trolls. It's pretty easy to post your thoughts with brutal honesty without being obnoxious. Instead of playing the victim card, just use a little (not a lot) more tact in future posts. We all have pretty short memories. :)

Or don't, and expect more of the same. Just a suggestion.

did you not read any of the bluecoats threads in the past week or so??? :lol:

Nice try, Eric.

As an alumnus, I disagree with the original poster.

I marched in 1982, could have been back until '85 if not for the a signed contract to join the Marine Corps, and I was shocked when I heard the 1983 show.

It wasn't Slaughter, Soup, and Ice Castles. The Soup arrangement they did wasn't the Soup arrangement I played, thr uniform they wore wasn't a dressed up janitor's uniform, and I was OK with all of it. I'm not going to throw the corps under the bus because the music genre isn't the same that I played.

These kids work harder than I did when I marched (The drill is like a five mile run). I respect the current generation for the effort they put in and their desire to be a part of the same fraternity that I wanted to join from the first time I saw the Scouts in 1975.

Admittedly, I wear green colored glasses, and knowing the guys personally sways my opinion, but I like Madison. Just like in 1975, 1982, and the corps that will be fielded for years to come.

Just MY opinion, and not that of any group with which I may be affiliated.