Ingenious

I just heard some clips of the Cadets ballad for the first time... One word... Genious. Why haven't more corps used a solo vocalist with beautiful brass chords? It makes perfect sense, and I think more corps should jump on the bandwagon. GENIOUS!

Final Thoughts: Cadets ballad = 2006 Champs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard some clips of the Cadets ballad for the first time... One word... Genious. Why haven't more corps used a solo vocalist with beautiful brass chords? It makes perfect sense, and I think more corps should jump on the bandwagon. GENIOUS!

If I wanted to hear singing i'd go to an opera

I for one do not plan on seeing their show this year. I'm not gonna boo them, or insult them. I am just going to politely make my way out of the stands before they come on, check out some souvie booths, and come back after they leave. I don't support what they are doing, and I am going to show it in the only civil way I know.

I didn't think I'd like it either, but I just listened to their show for the first time a few minutes ago, and I think the ballad sounds very very nice, and the vocals add to it a ton. Kind of reminds me of the closing credits of Apollo 13 with Annie Lennox. I will say that I don't really care for all of the rest of the vocals in their show, though.

The rest of the show sounds pretty good, too. Not so sure about the championship being a lock for them, though. I've also heard BD and the Cavies. I only really like the jazzy part of the Cavies show, but the whole thing sounds pretty good and has lots of potential. Same with BD. We'll see, I guess.

I didn't think I'd like it either, but I just listened to their show for the first time a few minutes ago, and I think the ballad sounds very very nice, and the vocals add to it a ton. Kind of reminds me of the closing credits of Apollo 13 with Annie Lennox. I will say that I don't really care for all of the rest of the vocals in their show, though.

The rest of the show sounds pretty good, too. Not so sure about the championship being a lock for them, though. I've also heard BD and the Cavies. I only really like the jazzy part of the Cavies show, but the whole thing sounds pretty good and has lots of potential. Same with BD. We'll see, I guess.

thats funny cuz i think that the cavies couldnt sound more sqaure but ya...phantom007 erwhatever i agree with you..it was wierd at first but i kinda like it now..gives me that cool gladiator enya vibe..i dig..i dig..

thats funny cuz i think that the cavies couldnt sound more sqaure but ya...phantom007 erwhatever i agree with you..it was wierd at first but i kinda like it now..gives me that cool gladiator enya vibe..i dig..i dig..

You make a good point. The Cavaliers playing jazz convincingly is like the Cubs winning a game, it doesn't happen very often.

When I saw them last week the vocal in the ballad was quiet enough that it just sounded like another (albeit ethereal) instrument; almost like a harp or something. I assume this is the effect they were going for and I thought it worked well. There were a couple of times where I could barely hear the vocals and they came across almost like overtones.

Very nice.

"Band-wagon" is indeed the right word.

Because bands have been doing this for quite some time now. Nothing really "genious" about it.