Jester - Settling Rumors with fact

Has anyone else noticed how contriversial Jester seems to be? What about our mere existance stirs up so many strong emotions?

Let me know if you figure this one out... could be the same answer for the Renegades. B)

They were beat by Blue Devils "C" which is ages 6-14, and by 6 points in just the visual caption alone.

If BDC was in the same division as all the rest of the corps, they would always win... hands down. Cute beats out anything... everytime. :P There is no shame scoring lower than BDC. The BD organization has been around for a bazillion years and there are many generations of drum corps families involved. Is it really surprising that they do well and have a great show? Comparing Jester to BDC is ridiculous... Jester is just starting out.

I'm actually very jealous that they were able to participate this summer.

This statement explains a lot. You should have stayed to help build the corps but I do understand the issues you faced. Instead of complaining about the corps and begging for help, join the organization next year and help them build a better corps. That really is the best thing YOU could do to help.

As professionals we cannot go into detail because that would not be appropriate, so you’ll need to trust us on this one. We are not telling you what decision to make for yourself regarding the remainder of this year. We have to do what we believe is best, and sadly this is the outcome.

It was completely inappropriate for these staff members to DESERT the corps so late in the season but in sending out this letter, they essentially requested that the members quit as well. Bad form. <**>

I am a proud fan of Jester! I spent more money at their souvie booth than I have at any other corps' souvie booth in the past 5 years. I have the greatest drum corps decals on my car because of Jester so THANK YOU!!!

p.s. What have you done to strengthen the activity today? <$1 to whoever coined this phrase>

... better yet... What have you done to strengthen Jester today? :)

Edited by Mistress Kelli

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want my dollar Kelli :)

i just need to say something...i extremely appreciate everyone who stands up for jester and everyone who supports the corps...you have no idea how uplifting you are to us. as a member of jester, i would know. often on our brakes from rehearsel we get onto this thread and read what people say about us, good or bad. when we get to a bad note...it's rather frustrating and discouraging at times, but then we read the better parts of the thread and our spirits are quickly revived and we all burst into a "high-motivation gear." jester has allowed me to experience so many wonderful things, it is a corps where ALL the kids have their hearts and thensome into what they do. that feeling i feel, of stepping onto a field, about to perform, with my fellow corps members is something i can't explain. it's a rush, to put it simply i guess. knowing how hard everyone has worked and how much we all want to acheive our exceedingly best. my fellow corps members and i did have a slight set-back with former members and staff quiting on us...but you know what? we moved on. we didn't let that get us down or stop the corps from continuing. everyone has their reasons why they quit...whatever. everyone who is saying that jester is disorganized all the time...that is an overstatement my friends. sure, we have had our disorganized moments, but i'm pretty sure you can't name ONE thing that hasn't been disorganized at one point in your life. besides, everyone who is saying jester is disorganized is not in corps so what right do you have to say that? none. you wouldn't know if it's disorganized or not because you're not here. what's the point of putting us down, really? you're not going to make us cry and you're sure as not going to stop the corps so just stop the crap with saying jester is disorganized, and your discouraging notes and freakin shut up.

heck yes for jester.

Edited by baritone1.1

Has anyone else noticed how contriversial Jester seems to be? What about our mere existance stirs up so many strong emotions?

Lot of people have the mind set of "If you're not going to win or get a lot of credit, then #### it, it ain't worth it".

And God forbid if you disagree, then YOU must be wrong.......

Mmmm.. Guess I'd better add "Proud member of 1974 DCA Prelims last place corps" back in my sig.... I can feel it better than I can put it in words......

Don't feel bad...

I got last place in 1999 and 2001, and second to last in 1996, 1998, and 2000.

It ain't the destination... it's the ride.

hello-

this is my first post on dcp and i just wanted to say thanks for all the support you guys are giving us. it really means alot to us like baritone 1.1 said. and as for all those who still don't support us i belive someone on this thread already said it #### the scores they're just numbers. its the expirence that counts.

-jake c.-1st soprano jester

ps. go renegades

pps.

go dream

ppps.

go anyone who supports jester

Don't feel bad...

I got last place in 1999 and 2001, and second to last in 1996, 1998, and 2000.

It ain't the destination... it's the ride.

:worthy: Sayre has been there, he gets it :)

My last place year brought a corps back from the inactive ranks. :)

And it also gave Sayre a corps to march in 98-02. THAT'S what made it all worth while. B)

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari