Jester - Settling Rumors with fact

What a thread!

Go Jester!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying anything bad about the Jester kids. I'm actually very jealous that they were able to participate this summer. I only came on here to let people know about the situation, and thought that since you care about the activety, you would try somehow to help these kids. I was physically unable to participate in Jester because I was dependent on the fact that I could carpool with the other kids from my city. Due to the unstability of the corps, and the issues the staff had with the management, this was not possible. I love drum corps as much as anyone else, and would have given up a lot to march this summer, but I COULD NOT. I am simply saying that the students should not be able to commit until it has been truthfully, and plainly laid out in front of them. I can't understand why no one cares about this. I'm begging you to look into the situation and see if you can't find some way to help. Maybe you know someone who would be willing to be a part of a stable Jester staff. Maybe you know something about recruiting, I don't know. All I know is that there are a lot more than a few kids who have been disgruntled by this organization, and it is breaking my heart to watch them all get overlooked because the vets of the drum corps activety are too busy talking about the 1980 bridgeman drum line to see what's happening to the future of the activety. Because Jester has made such an infamous name for itself, be it deserved or not, many young Arizona musicians only allow themselves one option, The Academy, which is extremely competitive, and is not a reality if you don't have much experience. I am not a spoiled infant, a am a concerned human being who is not only trying to help this activety, but pleading for people with more experience to help. Maybe I'm just a huge ###### who knows nothing about this whole thing, but to me it certainly seems that if Jester is ever going to have a year without drama, they need people to step in and help. I'm sorry I can't be more constructive. I'm a 17 year old girl that is trying to change things for the better, but if I'm in the wrong I'll gladly shut my mouth. I just feel bad for the kids that have been discouraged because of all this. Maybe a petition would help you understand.

Oh and about sean cunningham, how were we supposed to know? he was our high school percussion instructor and had helped us progress infinitely over the course of one season. I had no reason not to trust him. I actually disliked him a lot at first, but he grew on me. He even got me my first job at the Flying J. But really, how was I supposed to know?

Listen kid, your corpsmates that QUIT ON YOU let you down it sounds like to me. If they had stuck with it, you would have had a ride and it would have been easier for you to continue to march. The kids sticking it out with Jester this year are the winners in this situation because they are not QUITTING and GIVING UP. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, I know how hard it is to give up a summer to march corps and I'm not trying to imply that you are a quitter, but your buddies that bailed because their caption head left are. #1 lesson you learn in drum corp? NEVER GIVE UP!!

I am in the Bridgemen Alumni. AND the Renegades. AND I own a Jester T-Shirt now and spoke to two of their members that were in a food line behind me at one of the LA area shows before they ran off to watch Academy and I was very impressed with them and their excitement for the activity.

When I played with the Bridgemen last weekend in Wildwood, we had the kids from the Jersey Surf come on the field and sit in with us on Battle Hymn and they had the time of their lives. So PLEASE be careful about saying things about "vets" not caring about the future of the activity. Some of us care very much and are reading what you say.

I hope you've learned from your experience and that it makes you more determined to march somewhere next summer! And maybe someone will read your story and step in to help Jester out - I know you mean well by doing this, but your approach is alienating some people.

Edited by SaraNYC

Whatever...

GO JESTER!

Arizona should be proud to have such publicity

Arizona should be proud to have a group of kids that have as much heart as Jester.

They are what this activity is all about.