Jester - Settling Rumors with fact

The corps that are run poorly are the ones that dissapear and die off. A corps doesn't start from no where and then continue to successfully operate 4 years if they are incapable of running an organization. The corps is good at being them. They are little. So are a lot of other corps out there. Everytime I read this thread, I think about the McCollough Royal Knights (or how ever you spell their name.) They showed up at DCI finals and it was the first time I'd ever heard or seen them before. I don't think there was more than 20 total members. I remember that there was like 9 horns and that it was 8 baritones and a soprano. (or some strange mix like that.) And I kept thinking about what a unique thing it was to see. The music was a different sound because of the instrumentation and it was awesome to see them out there competing, even though they were pretty much in a class by themselves. You can bet they were doing something more productive than sitting around eating Cheezy Poofs all Summer.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on What? It is obvious you don't keep up on what is going on in the activity besides what you see on the field. Alot of you are not thinking beyond that. If you read this newsgroup and talk to people in the activity you would know how messed up things are. I'm not going to name specific corps out of respect for the activity and them as I do hope they are able to rebuild and comeback to the activity the right way. There is no bad intentions by anybody in the activity. Everyone has great intentions. But this is a business from a management end of things even at the division 3 level and there are alot of corps that are not running there businesses very well. It doesn't mean they can't turn things around and no, I'm not advocating division I or advocating smaller corps aiming to become division I corps. I'm advocating a healthy and competitive Division 3. I would be making the same statements if Division I was in the mess that Division 3 is. Yes, Division I and even Division 2 are not perfect and even corps in those divisions have problems but overall those corps are stable from one a financial standpoint but more importantly from a managment and philosphy standpoint.

Based on what? You claim to have all this knowledge and yet you continue to refuse to demonstrate where any of it comes from or what it is. As of now you've been unable to demonstrate that you're anything other than a troll.

If you read this newsgroup and talk to people in the activity you would know how messed up things are. I'm not going to name specific corps out of respect for the activity and them as I do hope they are able to rebuild and comeback to the activity the right way.

Oh, here we go again.

"I've got a secret! I've got a secret!" :sshh:

Sorry, but those before me who described your approach as "trolling" have a point. Why?

1. You say you won't name any specific corps, but you have already done so ten times - with every derogatory post you've made about Jester.

2. If you really had "respect for the activity" and "hope that they are able to rebuild", you would refrain from posting about "how messed up most of division III is".

3. If you really wanted things to improve, your posts would focus on ideas for improvement, rather than declaring existing programs "not worthwhile" in June/July.

Maybe Jester's management isn't perfect. Judging from the amount of wrath they invoke from several people, it's entirely possible that their management hasn't been perfect. But there are plenty of corps in all divisions for whom you could say the same. Singling out Jester with nebulous, repetitive slams about "management" doesn't help - it's just trolling. And casting aspersions on other unnamed division III corps won't get you out of trolldom.

Based on What? It is obvious you don't keep up on what is going on in the activity besides what you see on the field. Alot of you are not thinking beyond that.

You come on here trashing one specific corps and claim all this experience in Div. II/III but don't have the balls to put your name and experience behind your posts? As far as we know you're some loudmouth high school kid with a chip on his shoulder. Are you even reading our posts? Your replies have nothing to do with what we're saying. Grow a pair and sign your name, or find another place to peddle your grudges.

Well my only reply to what a mess Div III is .... So?

Come up with a better way to do it. I'm sure everyone would be receptive if it worked. You have a lot of folks in most of the D III's doing the best the know how. There is no sinister plot by the staffs in D III to screw the kids. I've only been around a few Div III's so I can't speak of the others but they were doing the best they could do and I think that is all you can ask from someone.

Oh an this has gotten OT: So Go Jester! Never seen you guys but I'm sure I will some where down the road.

Edit: Oh and BTW are you currently on staff or volunteering some where? I don't want to know where just a yes or no. If so Kudos to you. Otherwise it's pretty easy to sit back and slam. But it takes a bigger man to go back it up with action and get involved. And if you are then you have earned the right to ##### all you want and I thank you.

Edited by WWonka

If you read this newsgroup and talk to people in the activity you would know how messed up things are.

Dude, you really need to show some merit for words here. You're trying to throw a gauntlet down, but you keep missing the floor. You're basing an entire league of organizations off of one that you are not even affiliated with, and if you are or were affiliated with them, then state it. Unless you are familiar with the administration process of each and every group out there, there is really nothing you can say here that is going to do any good.

and this is so :OT:

I would think this thread has run its course already. The horse is dead ten times over.

Edited by bari_benzo

I agree.

And on that note,

GO JESTER!

tonight is Jester night in Sunnyvale for me and quite a few other people I believe ..... under my uniform tonight Im wearing my Jester shirt .... I actually talked to some of there members over the past few shows we both have been at and dude these kids actually put out a decent show and have a helluva lot of heart in it to be going out there that small and puttin it out there like that ... my best freind who came to the show last night in Elk Grove, before the show didnt think he was gonna like them at all .... I went up after we performed to talk to him and he was really impressed by them. and for him that says alot cuz he is VERY picky about that kinda stuff I cant wait to see them one last time tonight before the go back ..... I love this corps .....

GO JESTER !!!!!! ( x 7 )