Capital Regiment APD

When the first APD's were released, it seemed like everyone got a thread devoted to them. Well now we have the second batch, and some corps deserve some recognition. Capital Regiment officially has one of my favorite shows of the year. I absolute adore what they've done with Equus, one of my favorite pieces. I love the Cadest interpretation, but it's very refreshing to hear an arrangement that brings out the value in the original. After that, the ballad of Sleep is very effective. Yeah, they have singing in the closer, but I find it very effective, in much the same way that I thought the vocals in Bluecoats '05 added to the show. This is almost even more melodic. Really a sweet production all around, and I can't wait to hear this as they continue to clean. Easily my favorite Cap Reg show to this point. Way to go guys! ^OO^

On your recommendation, I've downloaded this, so you owe me two bucks if it sucks. :P

I downloaded the Colts APD on a whim after being impressed by their Columbia performance (through the live feed) and couldn't get their opener out of my head. It was only later that I realized that I own a recording of the tune (Saucedo's Windsprints) and that's why I liked it so much.

My roommate was also completely impressed by the clip of their show I played for him on Season Pass. He's predicting a finals appearance for them. Go Colts. :)

I've got that Saucedo recording as well, but haven't yet gotten into that show. It's not that it's bad, it just hasn't grown into a favorite yet. Cap Reg rocks, though, I trust that you won't be disappointed (we seem to have pretty similar tastes, after all.)

ssssh! This thread is meant to be about Capital Regiment! Start a different thread for the Colts!

See folks – I wasn't just hyping this show because I have a kid in the corps!!! This show is going to be one of my favorites this year regardless! Just very well written, energetic, engaging drum corps. Congrats CapReg: you will make a lot of new fans this year! ^OO^

Bias or not....LOL

This year the sound is amazing, they are so far ahead of where they were last year at this time. The hornline has such a sweet sound, the guard has the entire show on the field, heck the whole corps has the entire show on the field! b**bs

This should be a great year for Cap!

Keep up the good work and great things will come to you.

This could be the year they pass up us 2004 vets, and I couldn't be more proud of that fact!

:blink: