Most emotional "pushes".

phantom 96- i think the DM's expression says it all

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all of the ones others have metioned so far, but I've got to add SCV '97. The way the visual and music "pushes" coincide in those last few moments is just extraordinary, IMO.

~oops, somebody already said it before me. :)

Edited by LanceSquire

As far as "pushes" go, without a shadow of a doubt, far and beyond ALL others, irrefutably, etc., etc., etc., the most phenomenal "push" of all time was 1978 Spirit of Atlanta in "Let it Be Me." Why? In my over 30 years of being at all the DCI World Championships (since I started marching in 1975), I have NEVER witnessed such a crowd response as during that push.

The corps was going to be in finals for the first time, in just their second year of competition. Jim Ott had rapidly developed one of the loudest and most searing horn lines to hit the field. "Let It Be Me" was stunningly beautiful. When it came time for the hit, the horns just about parted the hair.

Now here's where it makes my number one "push." (The word is in quotation marks to distinguish it from other great moments that weren't really pushes.) The audience jumped to their feet the last several shows at the beginning of the push. But they stayed on their feet and refused to sit down. This was for at least the last entire minute of the show. I've never witnessed anything like that since...where an entire stadium would stand and stay standing for so long a period until the show was over.

The Boo has spoken.

I would say the end of Cadets 2000 show. First drum corps show i saw. Even on tape, it made me want to do the activity.

Interesting you say that...I just finished listening them :)

Anytime we did our push in "Wave" (ala Florida Wave)..true we weren't a finalist or anything, but that was always an emotional experience for me when i marched!

Tear!

:(

Cavaliers '81 Prelims First time we added the pause to the step-over.... then agian, I'm bias. :blink:

1980 Spirit was amazing!!

1980 Vanguard also.