Most emotional "pushes".

Not the 'final' push but the ballad from Cadets '02.

Cheers, :blink:

Sean

w/Stp:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

phantom 96- i think the DM's expression says it all

haha...drama queen :blink:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

I don't consider it to be Madison's greatest show let alone the greatest show of all time...

But '95 Madison's final company front...great stuff punctuated by a crowd that immediately goes even more bananas than they already were

dance.gif

dance.gif

dance.gif

dance.gif

dance.gif

dance.gif

dance.gif

dance.gif

agreed. AND the '97 push...with the insanely long, kick-###, loud as ####, hold at the end of the company front....whew...totally surprised the crowd since it was a only done as a joke during final run-thru day of finals. Then they decided to keep it for the show that night. Only the Scouts!!!!!

I don't know if Phantom 2003 is such a long shot- aside from the fact that they were one of the loudest hornlines ever since the good ole days, the impact of Canon was incredible. The last 1:20 is all a huge chordal progression climaxing in a 24-ct last note which about blows apart my speakers when I listen to it in the car! Chills every time!

And I hate to be partial to one corps, but 2004 Phantom was pretty awesome too, with the heart that opens up at the end. Plus the music that year was so emotional and different from what they have done before.

HM:

1991 Star- the 2 crosses!! :blink:

1992 SCV- when they spell SCV during the bottle dance (does that count?)

I'll probably think of more later, but those are the ones that come to mind now.

The thread name is "emotional pushes" not wild or thrilling or whatever (there are others besides the ones I list that would fit those categories). I'll go with these as a couple of my favorites for emotional moments:

1988 SCV (Music of the Night)

1993 PR (Fire of Eternal Glory)

I also liked Cavaliers' All Things Bright and Beautiful, but I forget the year.

To me these have all the elements of an "emotional push": beautiful music, loud, strong visually (company front or similar)

G

Edited by GSNewell

"All Things Bright and Beautiful" by the Cavaliers was 1990 if I remember correctly.

I think all my favorites have already been mentioned...

1st Place - SCV 1989 - The first hit after the Phantom's solo is nice, but the 2nd phrase where they actually hit the company front and the camera has a shot of the snares leaning back and then you see a side shot of the corps and you can see the crowd. Oh man. Chill city.

2nd Place - Cadets 2000 - The slight pause before the hit with the color guard fake out was just right for this very entertaining show - I love that hit and I love watching the emotion on the guard members faces as they finish out their show

3rd Place - tie Cavies 1992/Cavies 1995 - Peterloo and Jupiter hymn - 1992 was so emotional because you're sitting there realizing that they've just done what they needed to do to win - and in 1995, I just love that Jupiter Hymn - but I could have done without the guard climbing the big pole to hold up the "orb"

Honorable Mentions - 1996 Phantom Regiment - the arc buildup in the closer - awesome writing - lots of suspension/tension that just builds and builds until you finally get this amazing major chord that's the release - I think that was the moment (watching it) that I realized that they were going to have a winning show

2004 SCV - Such a creative company front that ripples as the 2 main characters run to each other at the 50

Madison 1995 - After the rotating company front - it really doesn't get any more exciting than that for a drum corps fan

phantom 96- i think the DM's expression says it all

I second that.

Here are just a few of the ones that stick out in my mind (in no order)

Cavies 95 Jupiter chorale

Phantom 03 Canon turnaround (yeah it's cliche, but it's true)

Colts 95 Closer (so many swells in that piece, its fabulous)

Shows that tickled my woo whoo...cannot begin to rank them, but I will put my favorites in chronological order:

1988 Madison closer...rising energy as the tempo slows...total drum corps love!

1990 Star of Indiana - ditto from above

1991 Cavaliers - push after the flag toss...whew!

1992 Cavaliers - snare line leaning back making a statement!

1999 Blue Knights - Trittico, ending of the ballad and final push...got me back into DC after being away at a dinky DCM show in Illinois

2003 Phantom Regiment - reprise of course

2006 Phantom Regiment - ending of Ave...sublime chord!