Allentown, PA SCORES

DANG, it is????

Well, in that case maybe dci can use all the $$ spent on judges training, salaries, and flying them around to ... buy more beer? I dunno.

They probably had too much beer... that's why the placing was messed up.

:mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably had too much beer... that's why the placing was messed up.

:mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

Well...unfortunately for the judges, they can't always go on what show they liked better as far as entertainment value goes. They must, as you know, go by the criteria on the back of their sheets. It is after all, just opinion based, so perhaps you will get the placings you hope for down the line.

Enjoy the summer...its already shaping out to be a great one.

Crown and Boston look to be flipping back and forth. Crossmen are coming out of the gates kind of slow.

Crown and Boston are definitely evenly matched in my eyes at this point. Crown with a little more room to grow, IMO. And both a notch below Phantom.

I liked Phantom's "sound", though I didn't totally get their show concept. Still, it was done well. Their mellophones are the bomb diggity!

Cadets...where I was sitting, I was surprised at how poorly the drumline was playing. Maybe it was just where I sitting. The show still doesn't connect with me, and not because of the vocals, but because of the visual design, staging, and transitions. Unlike last year, this show will need some major tweaking as the summer goes on IMO. Major tweaking.

Crossmen...I've been around a long time in this activity, and I was honestly shocked that they scored so low tonight. They had a tear in the opener, and there was plenty of dirt in the show, but there was plenty of dirt in EVERYONE's show tonight. I don't know. If Crown and Boston are a 75, then the Crossmen being 5 points behind them just doesn't register with me at all. Five points?? No way. Two, maybe two and a half at the most, but no way 5. That's just my own personal experience talking.

I really think this show will be one to keep your eye on as the summer goes on, both from a entertainment AND competitive standpoint. I think they've found a very nice mix. Don't write them off.

Edited by rut-roh

Blow it out your ear!

This drum corps stuff is all fixed!

Congrats on providing us with one of the most immature rants of the 06' season. <**>

Have no fear though. I am sure someone will trump your rant with a true gem real soon.

Here's the order they should have come in tonite:

Phantom Regiment

Boston Crusaders

Cadets

C. Crown

Crossmen

Southwind

Magic

GE Scores alone should have put Crossmen in the 70s at least. People were jumping out of their seats after EVERY SONG. They almost got a standing 'O" after their ballad.

Phantom is definitely better than Cadets and Boston's Hornline beats Cadets anyday (guess they're tired from carrying all those tables on the field and need a break or something).

Most of the time Cadets hornline stands still and doesn't even play. Their drumline is basically marching the whole show for them. I guess you can't tic people who are standing still. And that Rabbit Dude is totally stupid. And don't even ask me what I think about the chick in the red outfit (she should definitely cover herself up). Way too much crap on the field. The only time the audience clapped during their show was the sabre toss off the tables and the stick toss by the snares. The rest is all junk.

I'll just go ahead and assume either you weren't at the show or you are so biased you were seeing things. :P

Congrats on providing us with one of the most immature rants of the 06' season. <**>

Have no fear though. I am sure someone will trump your rant with a true gem real soon.

DCI is like Pro Wrestling...it's all planned. :P

George Dixon...

Like that is your REAL name!!!

okay :wall:

Yeah, see, it's right there by "DCP Founder."