Music is "kewl" Allentown Review

And why do I need to point those people out? They know who they are.

Good for them. Now point them out to ME, because honestly, I haven't read a single review that stated they would be shocked if the Cadets won DCI this year. Nor do I know a single person who feels that way....even if they have legitimate criticisms of the flaws in their show. People may have disagreed with the score or placement, or thought another corps should have won that particular show they were at in this early season, but that's not what we're talking about. People could be critical of their show and still recognize the talent of the corps and the excellence with which they present what they've been given (I've seen a LOT of those types of comments in reviews). But really...who out there would seriously be shocked if a 9 time DCI champion, defending champion, and perennial top 3 finisher would win DCI this year?? Point them out to me, cuz I'd love to meet them and ask them a few questions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for them. Now point them out to ME, because honestly, I haven't read a single review that stated they would be shocked if the Cadets won DCI this year. Nor do I know a single person who feels that way....even if they have legitimate criticisms of the flaws in their show. People may have disagreed with the score or placement, or thought another corps should have won that particular show they were at in this early season, but that's not what we're talking about. People could be critical of their show and still recognize the talent of the corps and the excellence with which they present what they've been given (I've seen a LOT of those types of comments in reviews). But really...who out there would seriously be shocked if a 9 time DCI champion, defending champion, and perennial top 3 finisher would win DCI this year?? Point them out to me, cuz I'd love to meet them and ask them a few questions.

Your argument is coy but I don't care what word you use to describe their shock, I'll add a few more: upset, distressed, stunned, surprised astonished, astounded, amazed, flabbergasted, outraged, appalled, disbelief, upset, and disturbed. That is what those reviewers will be (and they are only a few, or should I say a couple) should the 2006 DCI champions be announced The Cadets :)

I've not put any words in anyone's mouth and or some how dictated to them what to type in their reviews. I'll put it like this I have done reviews of shows before and even when I am critical of a performance they still come out smelling like roses :)

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Your argument is coy but I don't care what word you use to describe their shock, I'll add a few more: upset,

I can see that. No different than any other year with (insert perennial top 3 corps name here). Cadets fans would be upset if BD wins. Or Cavies fans upset when Cadets wins. Fans of the big boys LOVE to see their corps win, and get upset when they don't. What else is new?

distressed,

Maybe for a second. I don't see anyone losing sleep over anything as trivial as this. It's just drum corps.

stunned, surprised astonished, astounded, amazed, flabbergasted,

Anyone who would be any of these things when a 9 time DCI champion, defending champion and perennial top 3 finisher wins DCI simply doesn't have a clue about drum corps. Don't confuse criticism or disapproval of their show with thinking that they're not good enough to win with it. They're the freaking Cadets. Now if the Bluecoats win DCI this year, THEN you can talk about people being shocked. THAT's shock. (And I love the Bluecoats show this year...hoping to see them ruffle some feathers!)

outraged, appalled, disbelief, upset, and disturbed.

Minus the disbelief cuz I would include that word with the ones immediately above, I can see people being outraged and appalled and upset and disturbed. But don't confuse that with shock. It's fans being upset because a show they didn't like won DCI. Or a corps they didn't like won DCI. Don't you think many BD and Cadets fans were all of those things when the Cavaliers won three in a row? Of course they were. Don't you think BD fans would be upset if Cadets win this year because it brings them one closer to their grand total of DCI trophies?

Don't confuse being upset at the results with being shocked at the results. Don't confuse criticism or disapproval of their show with thinking that they're not good enough to win with it.

Just wondering if Anyone that has seen Cadets all winter etc. Have seen any of the others to compare or are they just going on what they see from Cadets.. If Not George and others when will you see the others Live?

I can't comment because I wont see anyone until August 3 and even at that I wont see BD at all thanks to my shows we are in :(

So I have to kinda live via DCP reviews etc..

So hopefully after Tonight I can read another good review. Hopefully with Limited Bias.