DCP Forum Problem

JohnD

If DCP is interested, I still have the history.dat file in Firefox, I kept it with the info of where the browser tried to go via the exploit, if you need it for tracing the criminals.

Thanks for the offer, Jim. We were able to capture the offending traffic and collect the data that we needed to resolve the problem. Sadly, there's not much that we can do about the offenders - other than plug the holes and remove the nasty bits [pun intended]. This particular hack has been spreading his/her/their particular brand of 'happiness' all around the world .... so our particular incident was not unique.

Many thanks to those that brought this to my attention quickly and Rich's quick thinking to take the forum 'Offline' while trying to get ahold of me (cellphone doesn't work in the movie theater) - before more havoc could be spread. We've alerted some of the other system admins that we're aware of that run this particular forum software and have pointed-out the need to get the latest updates installed as quickly as possible. We really do try to look out for one-another.

Thanks again to everyone for their patience and support. We'll try to get the upload feature back online as soon as we can ... and appreciate your understanding in the interim. The security of the systems (DCP's and your's) are our first priority.

Happy July 4th all.

-john

Thanks for answering my question, John. :)

gotta love the DCp phone chain!

You could give me their home address and a plane ticket.

I am with you. Make it two tickets.

the virus, when downloaded into my system, was really easy to get out of it... so, I guess we were lucky the "russian" did not upload anything to dangerous.

~>conner