Imagine This If You Can

If you read my original post, the last line says "Just Imagine !"

Besides who said anything about DCA getting involved, or using their rules !!!

I realize that something like this could never happen...but if it did !!

I swear, some people on here take things a bit too serious.

Edited by ODBC

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine flying purple fairies.. but I'm much more interested in imagining butterflies with brightly colored wings.. why? Because one day what I imagine might actually happen.

That's just how I work. I don't take things too seriously.. I just like the possibility that what I imagine could come true much more than the realization that what I imagine would never be possible.

Stef

I can imagine flying purple fairies.. but I'm much more interested in imagining butterflies with brightly colored wings.. why? Because one day what I imagine might actually happen.

That's just how I work. I don't take things too seriously.. I just like the possibility that what I imagine could come true much more than the realization that what I imagine would never be possible.

Stef

Whatever....Stef !!

I said SOME people !!!!

Edited by ODBC

Whatever....Stef !!

I said SOME people !!!!

Are you upset because people aren't as excited about your idea as you are?

Whatever yourself!! :lol:

Stef

Let's back this up a bit! The Original DCI Alumni Corps exhibition at a Finals was the Kilties in 1992. Since then, we (27th) took our shot at it, to be followed by SCV and now Madison, Bridgemen (in Allentown) and the Kingsmen next year. Each of these groups were on a specific mission to accomplish a 1-shot deal and display a little history of themselves and of the activity as a whole from the respective eras.

You are partly correct. Kilties whose exhibition performance led to a competitive all age corps is of course is still competing. For the first couple of years it did remain alumni and all male, but it eventually led to open membership for both non alumni and women. Bridgemen are in their second year, Royal Airs existed for 3 and a half seasons.

Some of the corps are notable in that they marched/are marching only alumni for their intial year. Kilties, SCV(I think), and Madison. Unless I am wrong, 27th, Bridgemen, Royal Airs all were open from the start. I dont know about Kingsmen.

Some of the corps are notable in that they marched/are marching only alumni for their intial year. Kilties, SCV(I think), and Madison. Unless I am wrong, 27th, Bridgemen, Royal Airs all were open from the start. I dont know about Kingsmen.

Heard over the weekend that Kingsmen are open to anyone.

Let's back this up a bit! The Original DCI Alumni Corps exhibition at a Finals was the Kilties in 1992. Since then, we (27th) took our shot at it, to be followed by SCV and now Madison, Bridgemen (in Allentown) and the Kingsmen next year. Each of these groups were on a specific mission to accomplish a 1-shot deal and display a little history of themselves and of the activity as a whole from the respective eras.

<snip>

Actually, the Bridgemen Alumni has NO thoughts of being a "one and done" show. George Lavelle and the rest of the incredible board have planned this from the begining as the RETURN of the Bridgemen, for as long as we can keep it going. Judging by the fun we have had this year, and the response that we have gotten at our performances to date, there is an audience for us, and the interest is CERTAINLY there. I know that many of the other units that you mentioned were put together specifically for a one-time performance during DCI Finals week, but this is not the case with the Bridgemen.

Just wanted to clear the air on that one... :)

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Are you upset because people aren't as excited about your idea as you are?

Whatever yourself!! :blink:

Stef

Stef, I've agreed with a fair bit of what you've said on here and I value everyones opinion.

As for being upset that not everyone is as excited of my idea, no.

It was just something that I thought would be great, that is if all the planets aleigned and we could get everyone to agree to do it.

Like that would ever happen. B)

Edited by ODBC

It IS a neat idea, ODBC. But under DCI's umbrella, DCA would change. And that already destroys what could be good about it.