What's with all the negativity?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I not supposed to defend myself against someone who posts a sentiment that infers I'm some sort of horrible teacher, despite the fact that the guy knows nothing about me?

This is not you and Mike debating electronics, this is someone who decided to take a pot-shot at me, getting in the last word, presumably, before he "ignored" me...which I don't buy for a minute, I know he's still reading my posts. This was not some friendly back-and-forth, it is not like you and Mike at all, and making it sound like it is does a disservice to me by trivializing what that jerk said.

ok Nikk, here's one back at you....why did you leave RAMD? the wars. what started them...people taking potshots at people and it grew worse.

so, now that you are doing here what you blasted there, are you leaving DCP?

If it's more than a few, DCI will be among the first to know.

they do know. they dont care.

Well the lack of action so far seems to speak volumes

I'll contact DCI and find that out...I'm sure they'll gladly impart that information no whose argument it supports

ok Nikk, here's one back at you....why did you leave RAMD? the wars. what started them...people taking potshots at people and it grew worse.

so, now that you are doing here what you blasted there, are you leaving DCP?

I'll be honest with you...

I've been giving it some serious thought this season, unlike any other season on DCP.

And I take issue with you making it seem like I'm the one who began this. This guy came out of nowhere and slammed me, took a potshot at me...I called him on it. I don't have time to search through 88,000 posts, but I'd wager that you've reacted in a similar (or stronger) manner when you've been personally attacked.

I'll be honest with you some more...

I'm not some paragon of intelligence and self-restraint. When someone says something nasty about me, I'm going to respond, I'm not the Pope. Chalk it up to my Italian temper. But I don't know if I've got it in me anymore. It may be time to pull up the stakes. After all, DCP is not the only place to come for scores, and there are fewer and fewer people on here with whom I relate.

Where's the info that supports your statement?

when the petition was presented to them. people crow about attendance, but what no one will admit to is how many REPEAT attendees there are over a season. say dci sold 400k tix last year. now factor in those super 3 packages...thats what 40k tix sold to repeat attendees? now factorin those that go to multiple shows, regionals, etc.

i am willing to bet that over 25% of DCI's ticket buyers go to 4 or more shows a year.

that makes the % of people who signed the petition vs the total fan base much greater than DCI will ever care to admit publically.

I'll contact DCI and find that out...I'm sure they'll gladly impart that information no whose argument it supports

All I'm trying to say is that if money flow is affected enough by the anti-Cadets borg, DCI will know. If it's as great as you guys make it out to be, they'll have to make some changes. The first couple of years, even the most vehement of the Cadets haters might just find enough merit in DCI shows to stick around. It'll take some time to figure it all out one way or the other, I should think. What you guys are offering is speculation...I'im just doing the same here. And I couldn't care less if DCI got rid of amps etc.

Edited by LanceSquire