What's with all the negativity?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except that right now, "legacy fans" make up a significant chunk of the crowds AND revenue, and get more frustrtaed every year. it's coming to now like in the mid 90's where older fans got fed up, and attendance numbers went down. now the numbers arent that bad yet, but could be...can DCI afford to #### off the loyal long time fans while waiting for that next generation to come in?

see, a good business keep existing customers as well as adds new ones. right now, i see dci bleeding more out than infusing newin

w/Stp:

Loss of revenue is loss of revenue...

We so-called legacy fans are older (for the most part....I'm only 32), and we, quite simply, can afford to spend more because we make more...

The high school kids etc cannot pay as much...they don't have the income to do that

Why would DCI want to drive away the greater revenue source?

Forums like these give people a voice they never had before.

A chance to share there opinions (with out much personal backlash).

This is just what people sound like on the page.

w/Stp:

We so-called legacy fans are older (for the most part....I'm only 32), and we, quite simply, can afford to spend more because we make more...

The high school kids etc cannot pay as much...they don't have the income to do that

Yeah the high school kids can't pay as much as older adults but there a ton more of them.

Drum corps is offered to more people than it ever has been before through advances in technologoy so i imagine that revenue is up. It is clear that DCI is reaching out to a younger crowd of people. That crowd is a HUGE base of fans (far bigger than the legacy fans) and it is a renewable base of fans. I would bet that DCI is making more money than ever......a lot more

Yeah, I think too many people are being really negative this year for no reason at all.

Yeah the high school kids can't pay as much as older adults but there a ton more of them.

Drum corps is offered to more people than it ever has been before through advances in technologoy so i imagine that revenue is up. It is clear that DCI is reaching out to a younger crowd of people. That crowd is a HUGE base of fans (far bigger than the legacy fans) and it is a renewable base of fans. I would bet that DCI is making more money than ever......a lot more

And if you retain a ton more legacy fans, they'll still outspend the high school kids....if you can't retain them, the money's no longer going to be there....besides wouldn't you rather have DCI make even more revenue by keeping the long-time fans around? No single high school kid is going to be able to spend as much money as a single long-time fan with much greater income...you don't have to retain nearly as many legacy fans to equal the amount spent by the new fans whose pocketbooks are lighter...

I've said this before, and I will continue to do so....why is y replacing x so much better than having both y and x there...right now DCI isn't doing what it takes to accomplish the latter...revenue is still affected negatively as the x fans slowly but surely leave...the long-time fans are DCI's revenue base...why?...because they've been around a long time to spend!

It'd be nice if DCI had the ability to figure out a way to keep no one from leaving...apparently they aren't capable of doing so...the folks with the deeper pockets are taking their money elsewhere...and you are sorely underestimating the number of people out there with the deeper pockets

Potentially greater revenue isn't going to happen the way things are...oh well

But what can you do with that info????

Obvious I would think - track it for trends in reaction to changes mandated for the activity. Establish cause and effect for later damage control and reversal. At the very least be able to say "I told you so - nyahhh!" :P

I never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with you :P

i told you you liked me :P

that fan base however does not follow DCI like the older fans do, nor do they spend the money older fans do.

Who says they do? Legacy fans are welcome to stay....as lots do.

HS kids do indeed have a lot of disposable income...it comes from mom and dad. I raised two kids myself, and like most parents my kids got what they wanted long before I did. Busloads of band kids are attending shows and spending...not their money..but their parents money.