Suggestion for the mods...

I usually find a balance of sentiment in all threads. If somebody says nothing but negative stuff, somebody else is sure to come along and refute it. Hence, discussion. Your policy of ignoring people who don't take enough happy pills is a good one. :)

Welcome to the internet.

Also, you shouldn't really base the worth of an argument on who is making it.

But then, I don't have a profile filled out, so you'll probably ignore me anyway :P

I didn't mean to equate a poster's "credentials" with the merits of their posts. What I do try and do is decide whether there's some common experience that I share with the person that would make a discussion go easier. I mean, I can't really relate to performing at greater than 128 bpm. My hat (and shoes) are off to the people who have done that for the past 15+ years. But where fellow dinosaurs are concerened.......... ^0^

I didn't mean to equate a poster's "credentials" with the merits of their posts. What I do try and do is decide whether there's some common experience that I share with the person that would make a discussion go easier. I mean, I can't really relate to performing at greater than 128 bpm. My hat (and shoes) are off to the people who have done that for the past 15+ years. But where fellow dinosaurs are concerened.......... ^0^

Well, I marched in the era that had the silly 'Cadence' 'caption. You ought to see me try and teach drill to the kids in the band I arrange for and work witrh...and we have up to now maxed out at 170 BPM. This year I need to get them to close to 180 for much of the opener (yipes for me!).

I think I AM getting too old for the drill stuff! I'll just sit behind my computer and Sibelius-away on my wind and percussion scores. :P

Well, I marched in the era that had the silly 'Cadence' 'caption. You ought to see me try and teach drill to the kids in the band I arrange for and work witrh...and we have up to now maxed out at 170 BPM. This year I need to get them to close to 180 for much of the opener (yipes for me!).

I think I AM getting too old for the drill stuff! I'll just sit behind my computer and Sibelius-away on my wind and percussion scores. :P

I couldn't move that fast if being pursued by a jealous husband with a pit bull. At least most of our peers got exercise lifting their legs (of course we drummers were exempt). But we DID have to have daylight showing underneath our feet..........yeah, right Tony!

I couldn't move that fast if being pursued by a jealous husband with a pit bull.

:P

I leave MOST of the demonstration part to the DM's! :)

NOBODY would want to see ME run around at that tempo!

At least most of our peers got exercise lifting their legs (of course we drummers were exempt). But we DID have to have daylight showing underneath our feet..........yeah, right Tony!

Yes, marking time was tough at first when I switched to baritone for the 72 season.

That being said ( :P ), I propose that a thread be formed that will primarily be designed to encompass all those people who want to beetch* and moan about those types of things. That way, the beetching and moaning is self-contained, and no one can complain about it because if they open that thread, then they KNOW what they are getting into.

I know some will say that it will encourage more negativity...I don't think so. I think that the negativity is here to stay, and we might as well create a space for it to exist...

That way, any time that a new anti-whatever thread is started, it can be merged into the mega anti-everything thread. You can even create a skull-and-crossbones icon to go next to such threads to warn people of the DANGER of those things. :) (Or a radioactive icon, heh heh)

OK. Of course, we should then do the same for all the "best-of" threads, "go (name of favorite corps)" threads, and others where no critical or dissenting opinions are included. When we're done, all of DCP might be condensed to two threads....

OK. Of course, we should then do the same for all the "best-of" threads, "go (name of favorite corps)" threads, and others where no critical or dissenting opinions are included. When we're done, all of DCP might be condensed to two threads....

Sweeeeeeeeet. I hate those "best of" threads.

Yep - love watching that stuff - thank the great Way of the universe that I don't have to march it! At our age it's all about being on staff and in alumni corps, my friend....