Crossmen "Radio"

:)

Had you going there!!! :P

Me gusta el grupo Crossmen mucho....la musica es fresco, artistico, y muy divertido. Buen hecho!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Radio concept - it's fun and creative, and in my opinion much better than what we are seeing from other corps doing narration or singing.

I love the segment, and I couldn't agree with you more. The little station jingle could definitely use some work too. My favorite part is the "Caribe" section, but can anyone translate the Spanish??

"LA MEDA, 97.9"

Edited by Jamesdrum007

I'm indifferent. I wish that amplification was still... not here. But if it HAS to be around, then Crossmen have shown (by far) the best use of amped voice so far.

~>conner

I am listening to Crossmen's APD from SA...I love it!

Having seen the show a couple of times now. I love the Crossmen every year. I love their opener, and their closer this year. HOwever I am extremely disappointed in the radio section personally. When you take the amazing music from the other parts of the show, and interupt it with 3 1/2 minutes of the radio section, it just really takes away from any kind of flow.

As far as the many different types of music played showing "versatiltiy" of the corps, I completely disagree with that. Playing 20 seconds of "Sweet Caroline" 15 seconds of a fight song, 20 seconds of a really bad pop song, etc, doesn't really show off versatility. HOnestly, I wish they would have extended on the strains of Chick Corea that they are playing. This corps has some amazing talent, but unfortunately don't get as much of a chance to show it off during the radio segment.

The drill is choppy, not extremely well performed during that segment. 20 seconds of a song, distraction of a radio announcer, 20 seconds of another song, distraction of a radio announcer. I give them credit for trying something new, but unfortunately for a lot of us it just doesn't work.

love the corps

love the rest of the show

just don't quite care for the radio segment.

Overall this year though, love 23 DI corps performances I have seen or heard on apd. This is a fantastic year overall.

Good luck Crossmen

love the corps

love the rest of the show

just don't quite care for the radio segment.

Overall this year though, love 23 DI corps performances I have seen or heard on apd. This is a fantastic year overall.

Good luck Crossmen

Good comments. I agree 100% with your right to dislike Crossmen's RADIO segment. You are abslutely entitled. I think that one of the significant elements of this discussion is that EVERYONE can comment on it, because EVERYONE REMEMBERS IT!! Like it or dislike it, it is MEMORABLE. We can RECALL it. Discuss it. Whatever. It is one of the elements in the Crossmen's show that cause people to favor them. Melissa's points are astute, intelligent, and discerning. They are based in part upon her tastes (as they well should be).

MY point here is, I applaud Crossmen's efforts to include memorable moments in their show WITHOUT copping out by playing cheesy, trite charts that Joe One-Timer gets, but we politely (and sometimes impolitely) endure.

I personally LOVED the Crossmen's RADIO segment. Many other veteran drum corps fans do too. Not everyone, but many. I only wish that more Div I corps would use their programming to completely connect with the audience, as Phantom did so wonderfully last year with their Gershwin show, that truly won the hearts of the DCI crowd at Foxboro Finals last year. AND also deservedly won PR the Disney Award.

I was skeptical at first but lemme tel you, I was laughing my ### off during My Humps in San Antonio.......

LOL