Academy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy scored an 84.5 tonight. I think its safe to say that they are here to win.

GO ACADEMY!

Well put...because we all know that most other corps are not here to win, and instead just here for the money. :huh:

I do, however, feel its safe to say that they have a commanding lead over their competitors and are heading for the title. I'll stick to my original story and say they don't really belong in the division as far as competition is concerned (what competition have they been up against exactly? If a corps comes within 4 points before finals week then you may prove me wrong, but as of right now they have no competition).

Really no compition...lets see they are on there 6th or 7th show now...yes? ummm Spartans did their fourth show last night...yes? They got a 78.45...they went up three points in under 24 hours...lets average it now...if they keep going up by three and they also hit there 7th show...hmm whats that thats an 87.45...with east coast scoring. AND Acadamy has never done a full tour...they will most likly flat line and get lazy on tour like all newb corps do. And dont forget about OC they are on there second show and are closing in on Acadamy...I think OC and Spartans are the only people who have good chances of beating acadamy..Maby BDB too.

I agree - Although Academy is scoring extremely well and are going to contend for the title you can never count out ECJ and the Spartans. Both corps have been around far longer and know how to play 'the game'. Each as a few titles under their belts - they know how to win.

Please remember that Academy, Spartans, and ECJ have not met head-to-head yet. While the apparent gap between corps is large, it is not a true measurement until they face-off against one another.

I 'm going with Surf ^0^

Please remember that Academy, Spartans, and ECJ have not met head-to-head yet. While the apparent gap between corps is large, it is not a true measurement until they face-off against one another.

trust the hype. or not. but in a real world assesment from someone who has been involved in this gig for 23 summers. they'd make top twelve this season, easy.

Really no compition...lets see they are on there 6th or 7th show now...yes? ummm Spartans did their fourth show last night...yes? They got a 78.45...they went up three points in under 24 hours...lets average it now...if they keep going up by three and they also hit there 7th show...hmm whats that thats an 87.45...with east coast scoring. AND Acadamy has never done a full tour...they will most likly flat line and get lazy on tour like all newb corps do. And dont forget about OC they are on there second show and are closing in on Acadamy...I think OC and Spartans are the only people who have good chances of beating acadamy..Maby BDB too.

The instant I read "Spartans," I dismissed your logic. There is no true comparison until corps meet head to head since it is the Judge's job to both rate and rank. And to say that OC is "closing in on Academy" is just as ridiculous because they haven't met up either. The truth is that NO one has "closed in" on them since their first show. That to me = no competition.

Once they meet up with ECJ, Spartans, and OC, perhaps they will find true competition...but for right NOW there isn't any.

All I can say after seeing Academy at the Newbury Park show is ..... WOW!!!!!

They most definitely could hang with (at the least) the bottom third of the top 12. Maybe even better. It was an incredible show with an awesome horn book coupled with some very very difficult drill. And, for this time of year they performed it really clean. The guard work was excellent and the battery was kickin'!

I thought that BDB did an excellent job as well. Their whole package is coming together nicely and they should contend for one of the top spots. I can't leave out the Vanguard Cadets. They have an enjoyable show with a strong precense all around.

I have not seen ECJ or Spartans, but if you are performing at this level (which is looks like you are 78ish), it's a shame to even argue about who will win. The answer is clear that the fans win! Good luck to all of you! For those fans lucky enough to be at finals in Madison, be prepared for one of the best Div.II/III showings from many corps in probably a very long time!