Academy

have any of these 3 corps posted any media recently so we can stop bashing on peoples opinions...

But i mean comeon, obviously academy is good. So how can all of you say "oh they haven't been on a full tour, so i don't think they'll make it" whatever people are saying. How do you know that they aren't gonna push through it, and not let it effect them. And just because they have high scores now, does that mean that they are just getting lucky because they are on the west coast? Does that mean they aren't really trying then, and they aren't giving it their all? I think some of you might be under-estimating The Academy with some things that you say. I've heard many things about them and I think the east might be surprised at how good they actually are when they come face to face with them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have any of these 3 corps posted any media recently so we can stop bashing on peoples opinions...

But i mean comeon, obviously academy is good. So how can all of you say "oh they haven't been on a full tour, so i don't think they'll make it" whatever people are saying. How do you know that they aren't gonna push through it, and not let it effect them. And just because they have high scores now, does that mean that they are just getting lucky because they are on the west coast? Does that mean they aren't really trying then, and they aren't giving it their all? I think some of you might be under-estimating The Academy with some things that you say. I've heard many things about them and I think the east might be surprised at how good they actually are when they come face to face with them.

Think you may be a bit hypersensitive. Haven't seen many (any?) posts saying Academy couldn't win. Have seen plenty of posts saying just don't crown them champions yet, which is entirely valid with most of the season left ahead. Ultimately what everyone should do though is stop feeding the trolls. Most of these

Academy threads have been from members with less than a week of membership and less than 5 posts. Check the author of this one for instance.

AND Acadamy has never done a full tour...they will most likly flat line and get lazy on tour like all newb corps do.

June 19 -- 64.300

June 20 -- 65.850

July 2 -- 71.300

July 3 -- 72.050

July 5 -- 74.250

July 6 -- 75.650

June 18 -- 70.600

June 19 -- 71.900

June 23 -- 72.450

June 24 -- 73.950

June 25 -- 75.600

June 26 -- 77.650

July 8 -- 82.550

July 9 -- 84.250

July 10 -- 83.200

July 16 -- 83.450

2006 (so far)

June 21 -- 70.550

June 23 -- 72.200

June 24 -- 75.400

June 25 -- 79.000

July 8 -- 83.150

July 9 -- 84.500

don't see much flatlining in their history. as for getting lazy on tour, well, we sure as heck didn't get lazy on tour in 2004 and we only did six shows. if anything we worked harder on tour than we did in our weekly rehearsals. all-encompasing statements, like ALL corps, are usuallybest avoided.

Given that the entire org is solid and realistic...and the the staff includes folks like SCV's stuart schulman, gettign lazy isn't gonna happen...and the program this year wold heavily punish a lazy corps....

trust the hype. or not. but in a real world assesment from someone who has been involved in this gig for 23 summers. they'd make top twelve this season, easy.

I hate to add the the insane hype (and flaming which is sure to follow), but, this person speaks the truth. I went to 2 shows where that featured The Academy and the Blue Knights (who are currently in 8th). I would say The Academy is right on par with BK.

:worthy:

Disclaimer: I love ECJ and Spartans. Please don't hurt me. :wall:

I also think they are top 12 material. When lined up next to Mandarins, Esparanza, and Pacific Crest which are Div 1, The Academy is simply on another level. I hope they make a run for Div 1 finals.

June 19 -- 64.300

June 20 -- 65.850

July 2 -- 71.300

July 3 -- 72.050

July 5 -- 74.250

July 6 -- 75.650

June 18 -- 70.600

June 19 -- 71.900

June 23 -- 72.450

June 24 -- 73.950

June 25 -- 75.600

June 26 -- 77.650

July 8 -- 82.550

July 9 -- 84.250

July 10 -- 83.200

July 16 -- 83.450

2006 (so far)

June 21 -- 70.550

June 23 -- 72.200

June 24 -- 75.400

June 25 -- 79.000

July 8 -- 83.150

July 9 -- 84.500

don't see much flatlining in their history. as for getting lazy on tour, well, we sure as heck didn't get lazy on tour in 2004 and we only did six shows. if anything we worked harder on tour than we did in our weekly rehearsals. all-encompasing statements, like ALL corps, are usuallybest avoided.

Oh, and don't forget to mention that all those shows are victories. Lazy corps don't have zeros in the loss column over a three year period, even if they haven't done a full tour (yet).

It will be VERY interesting in Division II over the next few weeks, that's for sure.

Noting the final dates of each prior season, it does raise the questin of how the staff will change up their routine to account for an extra 25 (or so) days on their 2006 season. I'm sure they'll be as smart and wise (as they have about the rest of the admin of the corps that brought them to their current position). It's just a dynamic that is very new to this group. It has the potential to be A. yet another piece of the Academy success story or B. something that catches the membership a little off-guard.

Personally, I hope they're prepared for it. It WILL be an amazing showdown in Madison. I want to be there, but I can't aford the freaking GAS!!!! I guess I'll have to ride my bike. :worthy:

Oh, and don't forget to mention that all those shows are victories. Lazy corps don't have zeros in the loss column over a three year period, even if they haven't done a full tour (yet).

It will be VERY interesting in Division II over the next few weeks, that's for sure.

Good Point! It will be interesting to see how the kids, staff and administration handle a DCI tour. New Territory for eveyone! I'm also interested to see where Academy actually lines up in Division 2 once they go head to head with Spartans, ECJ and the other top Div 2 corps. Should be fun to watch!

Noting the final dates of each prior season, it does raise the questin of how the staff will change up their routine to account for an extra 25 (or so) days on their 2006 season. I'm sure they'll be as smart and wise (as they have about the rest of the admin of the corps that brought them to their current position). It's just a dynamic that is very new to this group. It has the potential to be A. yet another piece of the Academy success story or B. something that catches the membership a little off-guard.

Personally, I hope they're prepared for it. It WILL be an amazing showdown in Madison. I want to be there, but I can't aford the freaking GAS!!!! I guess I'll have to ride my bike. :worthy: