crowns guard

Someone PLEASE PM me and EXPLAIN how a GUARD (with FLAGS) can be MUSICAL!!!! THe only sound they make is swooshing of wind.
Certain styles used at impact moments. Certain sets used during musical passages. The way you release and retrieve your equipment, the effort you use, the subtle moves, the seduction of the audience witht the movement of the pole....the suspense built in the design of the effort. The simple toss/catch during key musical passages, and how well , ultimately you interact with the rest of the corps.

~G~

Certain styles used at impact moments. Certain sets used during musical passages. The way you release and retrieve your equipment, the effort you use, the subtle moves, the seduction of the audience witht the movement of the pole....the suspense built in the design of the effort. The simple toss/catch during key musical passages, and how well , ultimately you interact with the rest of the corps.

~G~

Just off the top of my head, watch 1990 Phantom Regiment, its as musical as it gets.

~G~

Someone PLEASE PM me and EXPLAIN how a GUARD (with FLAGS) can be MUSICAL!!!! THe only sound they make is swooshing of wind.

Music is movement

Movement is Music

Come on man. If the bumble bee didn't fly, would a musical composition been written regarding it's flight? :sshh:

Bluecoats '88 guard played sops on the final chord of the show. They were musical (I hope!) :D

Music is movement

Movement is Music

Umm yeah...I'm just not even going to start on this. This is the biggest BS expression I've ever seen or heard.

That's becuase Paul Rennick was there when they moved into the top 12. The Drum line carried them for years with Rennick but now he is over at Phantom and look how they are doing in drums

If they get the right drum staff that corps is goint to be dangerous...i cant wait

Rennick wasn't there in 95 and 96. I'm not sure when he came on. It was at least 1997 or soon after. The 95 and 96 percussion staff was pretty much the same people from the Division 2 days.

Umm yeah...I'm just not even going to start on this. This is the biggest BS expression I've ever seen or heard.

Really???

You should read your own stuff then. :beer:

If you want to see a "musical" guard as you mean it, check out Crown 03 when they had bells in their rifles.

... Again - go Crown for being an exceptionally musical (and consistant!) colorguard. :)

If you want to see a "musical" guard as you mean it, check out Crown 03 when they had bells in their rifles.

... Again - go Crown for being an exceptionally musical (and consistant!) colorguard. :)

Those were really cool! But I didn't like those stained glass uniforms.