Golf in Madison

I'm looking to get in a couple rounds of golf during my visit to Madison during finals week. I don't mind spending the dollars neccessary to get supreme conditions, and such.

I'm hoping to get some recommendations.

Thanks in advance. :)

Oh my...............excellent!

I'll be registering for this.

....as if I didn't feel bad enough about not going to Madison, now you have to start this thread?

The closest ranked course to Madison would be University Ridge.. It's about eight miles SW of Madison.

Of course, I'd love to play Whistling Straits, but that's more than two hours out of Madison.

Looking forward to next year....there are lots of GREAT courses to play here in Southern California.

Thanks, I'll be hitting up University Ridge on Thurs or Fri.

I'm looking to get in a couple rounds of golf during my visit to Madison during finals week. I don't mind spending the dollars neccessary to get supreme conditions, and such.

I'm hoping to get some recommendations.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Rich,

The best bet really is the MDBCA $1,000,000 Shoot-Out at Hawk's Landing. It's a great course and it's close to Madison. University Ridge is nearby, but to golf with drum corps fans and benefit the Madison Scouts just makes more sense!

The possible prize money is great for all comers. We will be wrapped up in time to make it to the Wednesday night combined performance of the Madison Scouts, Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Progect, Jubal, and Capital Sound. That venue is on the same side of the city as the golf course.

Advertisement to follow.....

The Madison Drum & Bugle Corps Association, Inc. and its premier performance group, the Madison Scouts, will stage their first annual $1,000,000 Shoot-Out golf outing at Hawks Landing Golf Club in Madison, WI, on Wednesday, August 9. The start time is 11:30 AM.

Scheduled during the week of the Drum Corps International Championships that will be held at the University of Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium, it is open to local golfers from across Southern Wisconsin, as well as drum corps fans in Madison for the competition. The $150.00 cost per golfer includes 18-holes, a cart, box lunch, 19th-hole cash bar and and steak dinner, along with participation in the Longest Drive, $1,000,000 Hole-In-One and $25,000 Putt contests. Rental clubs are available in the course pro show for $21.10, including tax for out-of-town golfers who don't want to bring their own clubs to Madison.

At the afternoon-ending awards banquet, there will also be a silent auction, with dining certificates, vacation packages and sports memorabilia among the items up for bid.

Proceeds will help fund the international champion Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps. The $1,000,000 Hole-In-One contest calls for the special tee shot prize to be split between the winner and the Madison Drum & Bugle Corps Association, Inc., an IRS-registered, 501©(3) non-profit organization.

Sponsors are also being accepted for tees, the banquet meal, carts and the insurance policy covering the pay-out for the major cash prizes. American Family Insurance, with their international headquarters located in Madison, has committed to be one of two prime sponsors.

The number of participants is limited to 36 foursomes or 144 total golfers. Registration form at http://www.madisonscouts.org/pages/golf.htm

For further information, call the Madison Scouts office at 608-837-0707.

Hi Rich,

The best bet really is the MDBCA $1,000,000 Shoot-Out at Hawk's Landing. It's a great course and it's close to Madison. University Ridge is nearby, but to golf with drum corps fans and benefit the Madison Scouts just makes more sense!

The possible prize money is great for all comers. We will be wrapped up in time to make it to the Wednesday night combined performance of the Madison Scouts, Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Progect, Jubal, and Capital Sound. That venue is on the same side of the city as the golf course.

Advertisement to follow.....

The Madison Drum & Bugle Corps Association, Inc. and its premier performance group, the Madison Scouts, will stage their first annual $1,000,000 Shoot-Out golf outing at Hawks Landing Golf Club in Madison, WI, on Wednesday, August 9. The start time is 11:30 AM.

Scheduled during the week of the Drum Corps International Championships that will be held at the University of Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium, it is open to local golfers from across Southern Wisconsin, as well as drum corps fans in Madison for the competition. The $150.00 cost per golfer includes 18-holes, a cart, box lunch, 19th-hole cash bar and and steak dinner, along with participation in the Longest Drive, $1,000,000 Hole-In-One and $25,000 Putt contests. Rental clubs are available in the course pro show for $21.10, including tax for out-of-town golfers who don't want to bring their own clubs to Madison.

At the afternoon-ending awards banquet, there will also be a silent auction, with dining certificates, vacation packages and sports memorabilia among the items up for bid.

Proceeds will help fund the international champion Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps. The $1,000,000 Hole-In-One contest calls for the special tee shot prize to be split between the winner and the Madison Drum & Bugle Corps Association, Inc., an IRS-registered, 501©(3) non-profit organization.

Sponsors are also being accepted for tees, the banquet meal, carts and the insurance policy covering the pay-out for the major cash prizes. American Family Insurance, with their international headquarters located in Madison, has committed to be one of two prime sponsors.

The number of participants is limited to 36 foursomes or 144 total golfers. Registration form at http://www.madisonscouts.org/pages/golf.htm

For further information, call the Madison Scouts office at 608-837-0707.

Thanks for the info.

There is a link that was left to that a couple posts up, I'll be registering for that for sure, but want to get a round in on Fri also. :)

Bluecoats always housed next to a golf course in Madison, and they are probably staying there again this year. You might want to find out where they are staying and check out that course. nothing like playing a round while listening to some sweet drum corps in the background.

by the way check out the 8th hole, it's a par 3. I have the hole diagram sign hanging on my wall at home. It showed up on the bus in 1988 and ended up going home with me after the season.

Bluecoats always housed next to a golf course in Madison, and they are probably staying there again this year. You might want to find out where they are staying and check out that course. nothing like playing a round while listening to some sweet drum corps in the background.

by the way check out the 8th hole, it's a par 3. I have the hole diagram sign hanging on my wall at home. It showed up on the bus in 1988 and ended up going home with me after the season.

Very cool.

That's quite a combination. :worthy:

There is a course called The Bridges which is out by the airport/MATC. It is about half the price of University Ridge, for those of you who don't want to spend too much.