Glorious Comebacks

I want to get some updates. It seems like a number of corps are pushing to return to the field. Let's put all the latest news into one thread, for those like me who might have missed the headlines and need to catch up. What can you tell me about...

Bridgemen? I know they have the alumni corps, any chance for a junior corps?

Velvet Knights? Sounds like there's an organization up and running, with a slightly different name; any chance for a junior corps?

Anaheim Kingsmen? Is this an alumni event, or are we looking at the return of a junior corps?

Troopers? How are they looking for 2007?

Kiwanis Kavaliers? Any updates on their return in 2007, as well?

Those are the corps I can think of off the top of my head. If you know of anything about any others, put it in this thread. Let's keep up to date, and hopefully help out if the opportunity and/or need arises!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's ever really been a chance of VK coming back. From what I heard from a friend who marched '96 and was going to march '97, as soon as word came down about financial difficulties stemming from unpaid taxes (IIRC), the management closed up shop fairly quickly, and that was that. Two years later, a bunch of VK people put Impulse together. Any energy that would've gone into reviving VK was put instead into starting a new corps with a similar ideology: make 'em laugh.

In case you're not familiar with them, Impulse is a junior corps that's been competing in Div II/III since its inception, and is currently in Div III.

VK youth arts organization is up and running right now, Mike.

It has an indoor drumline and a winterguard. They're trying to put together a mini-corps, and last I heard, were hoping to begin fielding junior corps as early as 2008.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

Also a bit off topic, but Spirit dropped out of Finals for 11 years (one of which they were inactive), made it back in in 2002 and have been finalists three of the past four years. Has any other corps made it back into finals after missing the Saturday night show for 11 years?

That's impressive guys, but I'm really looking to hear about the corps that are MIA but hoping to come back. :worthy:

Blue Stars make me wish we had more junior corps coming up to swell the ranks. :)

Also a bit off topic, but Spirit dropped out of Finals for 11 years (one of which they were inactive), made it back in in 2002 and have been finalists three of the past four years. Has any other corps made it back into finals after missing the Saturday night show for 11 years?

Kilties - Last made DCI finals in 1978, DCA finalist in 1998.

VK youth arts organization is up and running right now, Mike.

It has an indoor drumline and a winterguard. They're trying to put together a mini-corps, and last I heard, were hoping to begin fielding junior corps as early as 2008.

~>conner

Good to hear. I am happy to stand corrected.

While I don't speak officially for the corps in any capacity, I am fairly sure that there are no plans for the Bridgemen to bring back a Junior Corps at this time.

Not to start my usual KK rants because I'm sure most on here saw my thoughts when everything came about... But I personally don't EVER see KK returning unless Doug Darwin is spending his summer with the Cadets negotiating to become part of YEA!. You know, that summer he promised in a news letter he'd be spending re-organizaing a corps that WAS NOT FOLDING! <**> <**> <**>