Glorious Comebacks

While I don't speak officially for the corps in any capacity, I am fairly sure that there are no plans for the Bridgemen to bring back a Junior Corps at this time.

Right.

We want them back as a competitive SENIOR corps. You guys go competitive DCA, I'll be there in a heartbeat!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.

We want them back as a competitive SENIOR corps. You guys go competitive DCA, I'll be there in a heartbeat!

I don't think they should come back as a competitive junior, because either

1 - They would have to drastically modify the style we so fondly remember to be competitive, and if they did that then there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on DCP.

or

2 - They would perform in the style we so fondly remember and get slammed by the judges for doing so. This would lead to much wailing and gnashing of teeth on DCP.

No win situation.

In DCA on the other hand...Could they be junior-corps aged members (only) and still march DCA? Is there an all-age requirement in the DCA rules?

I don't think they should come back as a competitive junior, because either

1 - They would have to drastically modify the style we so fondly remember to be competitive, and if they did that then there would be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on DCP.

or

2 - They would perform in the style we so fondly remember and get slammed by the judges for doing so. This would lead to much wailing and gnashing of teeth on DCP.

No win situation.

In DCA on the other hand...Could they be junior-corps aged members (only) and still march DCA? Is there an all-age requirement in the DCA rules?

All age is all age. I don't know that it would be against the rules, per se, to have a DCA corps that was limited to Junior Corps ages only, but I don't know the DCA rules. I DO know (well, am pretty sure) that the Bridgemen would never do that just to be "competitive" in DCA. We have a pretty darned good time doing what we are doing now, performing for and entertaining the crowds!

All age is all age. I don't know that it would be against the rules, per se, to have a DCA corps that was limited to Junior Corps ages only, but I don't know the DCA rules. I DO know (well, am pretty sure) that the Bridgemen would never do that just to be "competitive" in DCA. We have a pretty darned good time doing what we are doing now, performing for and entertaining the crowds!

It would be somewhat ironic if you did come out as a competetive DCA corps and be disqualified because of underage members.

I think someone should put together a DVD of the alumni corps performances, like 94 27, 2006 Bridgemen & Madison, 2007 Kingsmen, etc.

Never stop being entertaining

Last I remember a corps cannot compete in both DCI and DCA in the same year as per DCA rules. Yep - all age is all age.....

I've heard good things about Troop.

~>conner

i heard kavies were supposed to be merging with teal sound this year but it didnt happen

Also a bit off topic, but Spirit dropped out of Finals for 11 years (one of which they were inactive), made it back in in 2002 and have been finalists three of the past four years. Has any other corps made it back into finals after missing the Saturday night show for 11 years?

I don't think anyone has done this. Not in DCI time. I think the Blue Stars, however, may be the next to do it.

Jonathan

Velvet Knights? Sounds like there's an organization up and running, with a slightly different name; any chance for a junior corps?

Anaheim Kingsmen? Is this an alumni event, or are we looking at the return of a junior corps?

Yes, VK does have a youth organization now, and they are actively recruiting. I saw their booth at the Bellflower show. I would imagine that if they fielded a corps again, Impulse would merge with them.

Kingsmen is strictly an alumni corps, although not strictly composed of Kingsmen alumni (like most alumni corps these days). There are already 5 junior drum corps in the Los Angeles area (Pacific Crest, Impulse, Mystikal, Gold, and Yamato). I don't think L.A. has room for another one.