How will you react when Cadets win worlds?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I for one will turn over and shut off the alrm clock and thank God it was just a bad dream b**bs

I would worry nore about the Bluecoats and Phantom Regiment and actually winning a show first.

But seriously ?? George you just totally jinxed your corps from winning the title and Im sorry for you.

God, another thread about Cadets ??

j/k I could care less, I wasnt forced to click on, read, and respond.....that should be the golden lesson to those that complain about too many threads of anything !!

~G~

Edited by GMichael1230

I can GUARANTEE that the Cadets will not win the 2006 World Championships. If they do, the day after finals I will close my account. If it did, it would be by far the least well-received championship show in DCI history.

Cadets will win worlds - and it isn't going to be close (IMHO)

So - how will you react?

I for one will have a beer and celebrate!

How will you feel?

I think I'll feel about the same as I did in 2005, which is to not really care...and like whatever shows I like, regardless who wins.

Now, if UNC wins the NCAA mens basketball tournament next year, that's a different story. B)

Let's look back at 2005

Was I bummed that a show with numerous moments and effects that I didn't care for won? Yes

Did those kids perform the #### out of the show? Yes

Did those kids demonstrate a higher level of performance than any of the other 11 corps thus earning the championship? Yes

Did I accept the outcome? Yes...because the kids performed the #### out of it and their efforts paid off by earning the top prize

This year would be the same...I'd probably be a little more bummed since a show with elements that I do not like at all would've won for a second time...

Notice that I'm using the subjunctive here....a little premature, George...

Are the design changes going to be ones that create more cohesion (something that is glaringly lacking right now)? Perhaps

Do those kids have mucho talent? Yes

Will those kids do nothing but improve in quality the remainder of the season? Of course

Will it be enough to repeat? Maybe!!

There are two other corps (at this moment...there are two others hanging right there) that have something to say about the chances of the Cadets repeating....will they succeed? We'll find out a month from tomorrow

I do have an issue here however...

I do not care whatsoever for the shows they are putting on the field...but, there's no way I'm going to sit here and say "The Cadets aren't going to win because their design sucks and other corps with better show designs and equally talented kids will win instead" That's not even realistic in any way, shape, or form...is my hypothetical statement a certainty?? No!!!

George, your hypothesis from the flip side of the coin is equally unrealistic...you are stating this with certainty when it's anything but...as I said earlier...a little premature

Can they win? Of course...will they? We won't know definitively until the 12th...no one scoring at the top right now should be counted out

Edited by JMS0527