Crossmen

Common Adam,

you know how hard things were last year. Being part of the first Crossmen corps in "X" amount of years not to make finals....but you know we fought our @#$%'s off till the very last note at semi-finals.

Have Faith in the corps, and most important....Bones. They still got almost a month.

Edited by Renegade_fireman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there's some pictures somewhere and you can see it. It's a very stylized cross that goes over their upper left side (if I remember correctly) I actually like the guard unis this year, even if there's nothing particularly great or relevant to the show about them; they just look cool.

There are always crosses on the field anyway: the red cross over the brass and perc's heart. I'm just saying that I miss seeing one huge one in the drill that pops out of nowhere at a big impact.

GO BONES

Counting down the days until Dallas and San Antonio

They are adding retro xmen patches to the sleeves of the uniform (a little at a time). The last time I saw them they had one patch; by the time they get to Madison they should have three or four. The guard uniforms are supposed to look like race car driver uniforms when all the patches are in place. I can't wait to see how many they've added the next time I see them.

LOL nevermind all together...i read back a little, and the question was answered

Edited by Renegade_fireman

As a member last year myself, the most frustrating thing was that we would get better and better, but the scores would just stagnate or go down.

Back in 2002 we had warmups that were called whatever the score was for the previous night because for 2 weeks are scores were stuck. It happens to many corps, can't be helped.

I regret not seeing last years show and had it not been for the fact that I joined Bush this year, I had my calendar set aside to do some volunteering near the end of the season. Point being, every Crossmen Alumni here knows the mentality in all those members minds. Lets entertain the heck out of the fans, put on a great show for ourselves, and see where you place in the end.

Crossmen Webmoirs are up!

Some of the kids have started posting on YEA!s site this week.

To all of you fans out there, go out and post a nice comment to these kids. They are working hard to make us proud.

here's the link:

http://www.yea.org/site/PageServer?pagenam...ossmen_webmoirs

They are adding retro xmen patches to the sleeves of the uniform (a little at a time). The last time I saw them they had one patch; by the time they get to Madison they should have three or four. The guard uniforms are supposed to look like race car driver uniforms when all the patches are in place. I can't wait to see how many they've added the next time I see them.

I had heard that, but when I saw the unis I thought that my source must have just been wrong. I like it though, makes sense.

i am basing it on my experience in the group last season... the first year out of finals... there were so many things that we did, but it was too little too late... so, i just don't want them to make the same mistake... and be ready for the home stretch...

I cooked for the corps this winter. Although I wasn't able to do so last year, I was able to see first hand just how things were done for this year. I am confident that the staff and the director well aware of whatever mistakes were made in '05, and are using last season as a springboard to move forward. Projecting your feelings from your experience last year onto the corps this year isn't accomplishing anything positive. They will be fine- whether it's in the top 12 or not.

Again I will reiterate my earlier statement in that you cannot compare the corps coming back from FOLDING in the winter before the '86 season (and the eventual return to finals in '89) to coming in 13th last year. The two events are so vastly different that they just can't be compared.

Again I will reiterate my earlier statement in that you cannot compare the corps coming back from FOLDING in the winter before the '86 season (and the eventual return to finals in '89) to coming in 13th last year. The two events are so vastly different that they just can't be compared.

You made the same mistake I find myself making all the time. It was actually 14th place.

Lets not all of us forget the Crossmen have almost folded several times, haven't made finals more then once, were disqualified in only their second year, YET is the only corps that hasn't won finals but still has beat every corps out there right now at some point or another.

To think last year and possibly this year is the downfall of the Crossmen, means you don't know your history well.

In otherwords, stop talking, get to a show, and be thoroughly entertained by them, since that is what they are really about.

YET is the only corps that hasn't won finals but still has beat every corps out there right now at some point or another.

Have Crossmen ever beaten BD?

That is the ONLY corps Spirit has never beaten and I don't think Crossmen have either.

sorry...getting off on a tangent...