Crossmen

Have Crossmen ever beaten BD?

That is the ONLY corps Spirit has never beaten and I don't think Crossmen have either.

sorry...getting off on a tangent...

Yes, we did. :)

Saturday August 3, 1991

DCI East Prelims

Allentown, PA

1 Cavaliers 90.90

2 Cadets of Bergen County 88.40

3 Crossmen 87.90

4 Blue Devils 87.70

5 Blue Knights 82.20

6 Spirit of Atlanta 79.40

7 Velvet Knights 78.70

8 Boston Crusaders 77.20

9 Marauders 72.80

10 Troopers 69.60

11 Colts 69.20

12 Black Gold 60.60

13 Beatrix 57.50

Saturday August 3, 1991

DCI East Finals

Allentown, PA

1 Cavaliers 91.00

2 Crossmen 87.90

2 Blue Devils 87.90

4 Cadets of Bergen County 87.80

5 Blue Knights 81.60

6 Velvet Knights 78.60

7 Spirit of Atlanta 78.10

8 Boston Crusaders 77.60

9 Marauders 71.70

10 Troopers 69.30

Edited by kac

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You made the same mistake I find myself making all the time. It was actually 14th place.

Oops! :worthy:

I haven't seen the corps since Chesapeake, VA, but as a former marching member, soprano soloist, 2000 and 2001 horn sergeant, 2000 Crossmen of the year and 1999, 2001 Distinguished Member, I couldn't be more proud of the corps. I saw the same fight in the members as I did when I marched...They want to do well, and they will get things right.

I felt more in tune with the Crossmen family than I ever have when I watched them rehearse. I saw kids in tears after the first run-thru. I watched a member with shin splints finish the show, fighting off the pain. There was no goofing around, just plain old rehearsing with purpose. And it will pay off in the end.

To the original poster, drum corps teaches you more than tradition, family, and "hard work pays off." It also teaches you that there is something out there bigger than yourself. All we can do is root for our former corps and provide any help we can. Being upset about the scores and placements doesn't fix the problem...neither does motivating through a DCP post. Write them a check...wash dishes...cook a meal...bring gatorade...do someone's laundry...thank a volunteer for your experience...turn in your resume and offer to teach...this is where your passion should be directed!

Drew ,

you my friend , do most certainly ROCK.

CHEZ

going out on tour soon. cant wait.

Edited by thechezman

With Al going on tour nothing can stop the Crossmen now.

I can see the headlines now, "Crossmen, 2006 Champions!"

Of course Fran and I would know that Bucs won DCA in 80, he and I did Sun that year; he on mello and me perc. caption hd.

Sorry Fran, my bad....... I mistakenly said you played mellophone. As you said, you played french horn! (were they still around and in use? :) Tough horn to play in tune, eh?