Finals Broadcast

I wish they could run a live broadcast like we used to have and just package the newer material with the ESPN2 show later in September. Getting the results via the internet just doesn't compare to the excitement of watching it unfold live (for those of us who can't make it to Finals). Is this a pipe dream, or could it possibly come back someday?

I would love to see it happen. Although this year the broadcast is at 8 instead of 10 on ESPN2

Edited by bd euph some day

Honestly, I doubt it. DCI seems to be going for a diverse approach to their media coverage:

Quarters - theater broadcast

Semis - internet streaming (for Season Pass subscribers)

Finals - ESPN2 edit

I don't think they'll change that any time soon.

Mike

Honestly, I doubt it. DCI seems to be going for a diverse approach to their media coverage:

Quarters - theater broadcast

Semis - internet streaming (for Season Pass subscribers)

Finals - ESPN2 edit

I don't think they'll change that any time soon.

Mike

Bummer. I think I would have had a stroke if I'd seen it live in 96. Instead, it was [refresh] no results...[refresh] no reselts...[refresh] "Holy #*^*$%#^#!!!!! "(Enough excited swearing to nearly get me kicked out of the UNT computer lab)

I think the internet streaming at Semi's is going to be a huge test! if it works, and they can get the bugs out by the Atlanta webcast, I think you are going to see that this will be the way for DCI in terms of live broadcasts. DCI has been waiting for the technology and quality to improve over the past several years, and I think they are finally comfortable with what is out there.

These next couple of weeks will be big for the internet and DCI.

As for TV, if this internet thing works out, then we may have seen the last of live television broadcasts for DCI for a while.