Finals 2007

What kind of weather can we expect at that time of year in Rochester?

COLD I would expect.~sighs~

In 1976, it was freezing cold the night of DCA Finals in Rochester. (I was among the spectators frozen to the bone that night...LOL)

But in 1996, the weather was great all weekend.... sunshine, and very comfortable temperatures.

Fran

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you folks think about doing the championship show in Orlando or Tampa??

In 1976, it was freezing cold the night of DCA Finals in Rochester. (I was among the spectators frozen to the bone that night...LOL)

But in 1996, the weather was great all weekend.... sunshine, and very comfortable temperatures.

Fran

Fran

very true. i'd packed for colder weather than Scranton thinking since it was farther north it would be much colder. ended up that the lowest it dropped to all weekend was about 65 in the evenings.

tho i'm sure if i use that as a guideline for packing this year, it will end up being chilly. <_<

DCA'S ~ pack for all 4 seasons . . . you never know. :worthy:

What would you folks think about doing the championship show in Orlando or Tampa??

IMO you will end up losing most of the current batch of Alumni corps if you hold championships down there. with the competitive corps ~ not sure what you'd end up with. you had some corps who thought W-S was too far to head down to . . . i'd put money on the fact that Florida would see a much greater resistance.

Labor Day is traditionally the beginning of the Football Season, I think.

I doubt they'd give up an NFL gate for a DCA show...but who knows.

IMO, Rutgers would be a great place to have DCA's.

NFL season starts later. It would be preseason and believe it or not they sometimes try to work with the community..

Rutgers not good they would be getting ready for the swing of things plus the Football team will be really getting ready to kick off their season and since they just spent and they are spending money trying to make the Football team something I doubt they would let anyone on their field before their Team even uses it..

Plust New Brunswick traffic is well Not so pleasant.. Yes even on weekends.

Submit a bid.

B)

/$.02 to JR

you owe me $.98

I heard a rumor Giant's Stadium was available and being looked into. Any truth to it?

that rumor was floating around, but at best i'd say maybe 08 now

you owe me $.98

Actually I think .02 was all he thought it was worth. :P :P :P :P

proper forum etiqueete, thanks to lee, is $1 whenever someone is quoted.

heh

$1 to Ron Allard