Finals 2007

Look for DCA to move to Philly's Lincoln Financial Field in '08, '09, or '10...

Parking, facilities, accessibility, and a great stadium!

As for Rochester, Tom is right, Rochester has nearly perfect weather for DCA most years (as long as it doesn't rain!). Then again, it was STINKING hot in '71...! Seems to me that Philly had decent weather in '81, too. Cozy? Fred? Fred?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no way on the Linc and here's why:

cost of stadium. if you aint the Army/Navy game, a huge rock band or the Iggles, you ain't getting in there unless you want to go bankrupt. $10 to park too. oh and try to eat for less than $20.

also, right now, a DCA sized crowd would look soooo TINY in there.

Look for DCA to move to Philly's Lincoln Financial Field in '08, '09, or '10...

Parking, facilities, accessibility, and a great stadium!

Ain't happening! Ask Temple University. The person that said the cost would be exorbitant is correct. It would be nice since I live in Philadelphia but it ain't gonna be at the Linc.

DCA will struggle to find facilities till they move their championships to a date which is prior to football season. Labor Day weekend is not good for students and teachers as well, since most schools start before then. If DCA wants to get corps from all over the country every year, wants to start rotating their championship throughout the country, and help their drum corps in recruiting, these points will be taken under consideration.

no way on the Linc and here's why:

cost of stadium. if you aint the Army/Navy game, a huge rock band or the Iggles, you ain't getting in there unless you want to go bankrupt. $10 to park too. oh and try to eat for less than $20.

also, right now, a DCA sized crowd would look soooo TINY in there.

And if you think the brown shirts at Scranton were bad...I can only imagine what Philly security would be like.

Besides, the city of brotherly love has a knack for screwing up events that are supposed to bring them good publicity. Just ask all the conventions, MTV's The Real World, and other associations that have done things in Philly and run into trouble with the unions.

Then there's the matter of practice facilities for the corps. Most of the high schools in Philly don't have football fields. They have to share the fields with the other high schools in Philly. Football games in Philly are held in the afternoons after school, so I doubt there's lights on the field. You wouldn't want to be on the fields at night anyway. And as for getting on the fields in the suburban schools...best of luck to ya.

I think the only corps that wouldn't have a problem with facilities would be Bucs, cause they'd just rehearse at the home field.

I love Philly, but no way for DCA.

DCA will struggle to find facilities till they move their championships to a date which is prior to football season. Labor Day weekend is not good for students and teachers as well, since most schools start before then. If DCA wants to get corps from all over the country every year, wants to start rotating their championship throughout the country, and help their drum corps in recruiting, these points will be taken under consideration.

the other regions need to show the support is there to make it worthwhile. if you hold it, and you dont get enough fans to cover costs, the corps make $0.

and most important... since it's the end of the hurricane season,

hurricane season = june 1st through december 1st (heck, in the 2005 season there were storms through january). my trip to DCA 2004 got cancelled because of hurricane frances

labor day = start of college football seasons for many schools, hence why despite my desire to, it's been logistically impossible for me to participate or just go watch finals.

What would you folks think about doing the championship show in Orlando or Tampa??

Sarasota, Florida, Ed Smith Stadium.