Avon HS Marching Band 2001 PART 2

Who CARES !!! This is about BANDS...This is a drum corps site. Sure many marched in band, but that doesnt mean its a band discussion group right ??

Ugh, will the merging cointinue until its one entitiy ??

~G~

:)

ummmmmmm

your saying that that highschool played phantoms drum book 100%? .... they didn't even copy the most famous move from 96, the form that moved into the block and shifted on the big hit...

It was watered down in places, but EXTREMELY close to Phantom 1996 throughout. the intent of the parts was present minus some of the difficulty. The opening impact where the battery comes in after the quarter note triplet statement to the end is identical. The percussion feature was made easier, one split section was cut out, the ram was watered, but for the most part a direct lift.

He is talking about Spirit copying a show from this marching band.

you didn't read the other post evidently, I am talking about a different one

Wow. Im an idoit. I didnt even notice the nope.

Edited by bd euph some day

Yes

After all, there's a reason it's called "Marching Music's Major League" now...

Those of you with tin foil hats out there could say that the psychological "softening" to ready people for becoming marching band has already taken place with this tag-line.

Heh.

Matt Harloff is brass caption head at Crown, and a director at Avon. Leon May writes the drill for both groups.

Naw, that's...what...Richland? from last year as far as the vocalist for 06 goes, I think.

I was just talking about cribbing design for Cadets 05, since Sylvester was involved with both programs.

Point being, we aren't as original as we like to think all the time. :)

Nah, it wasn't Richland. Richland performed Eric Whitacre's "Sleep" as their ballad in 2005.

As stated in George Hopkins' blog, The Cadets got their 2006 ballad idea from Edinburg High School's (Texas) 2005 show. Amy Hernandez (The Cadets vocalist) is also student at Edinburg and performed the very same ballad this past year. Saw them in Prelims at the Bands of America San Antonio, TX Super Regional...the ballad sounded great!

Just clarifying. :)

Edited by mbui