The Mile-High Lounge

man, you got me on that one. i unfortunately just started a new job and won't be going to madison this year. :( oh well, i'll live. i'll definitely be in cali for 07 though. :)

and you got me there...i'll be in South Africa in 2007 (no clue what I am to do without seeing a DCI show before I go!!?!?!)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that ALL the scores look about 2 points too low, given the spreads. Otherwise all of these corps have done a heck of a lot of work this week for nothing.

yeah..it's probably those west coast judges..

oh wait..they always score higher than "normal" judges.

What's the excuse now?

Ijust came back from the show.

Cavs- Were very good. Many high points in their show. Won guard by .2 Lost Drums. Standing O at the end. They kicked butz tonight. well deserved.

Cadets- Started strong then got tired at the end. Every corps with talking parts to their show had mic problems. this hurt The Cadets alot IMO. Drums were hot. Drum solo got a big Ovation. Guard was on as well.

SCV- My first time seeing them this year. Great! I wish they were cleaner. I love SCVs show.

BK- Very good another good BK show

Crossmen are improving every show. I don't see why the spead isn't bigger between them and Blue Stars.

Blue stars- It's great to see that uniform in div.1 again. Mic problems hurt them too.

Scades- I really like their show. I hope they can clean it.

Ijust came back from the show.

Cavs- Were very good. Many high points in their show. Won guard by .2 Lost Drums. Standing O at the end. They kicked butz tonight. well deserved.

Cadets- Started strong then got tired at the end. Every corps with talking parts to their show had mic problems. this hurt The Cadets alot IMO. Drums were hot. Drum solo got a big Ovation. Guard was on as well.

SCV- My first time seeing them this year. Great! I wish they were cleaner. I love SCVs show.

BK- Very good another good BK show

Crossmen are improving every show. I don't see why the spead isn't bigger between them and Blue Stars.

Blue stars- It's great to see that uniform in div.1 again. Mic problems hurt them too.

Scades- I really like their show. I hope they can clean it.

cool, thanks for the quick review! how bad were the mic problems? i'm not trying to stir up anything, just want to know if it was bad enough that it might have been reflected in the score. if the score did reflect it, maybe blue stars could have come out in front of crossmen. just a thought.

BS had some Mic issues in indy also...thought they would get resolved by now....

yeah..it's probably those west coast judges..

oh wait..they always score higher than "normal" judges.

What's the excuse now?

bp-monte mast- from texas

vp- james sturgeon from tenn.

em- mark petrash from cali.

ev- mike anderson from wash

gem- rick rodrigues from texas

gev-mike stone from cali.

perc#1 martin griffen from NJ

perc#2 JJ pipitone from texas

guard curtis constanza from washington

Not enough west coast judges!

:P

bp-monte mast- from texas

vp- james sturgeon from tenn.

em- mark petrash from cali.

ev- mike anderson from wash

gem- rick rodrigues from texas

gev-mike stone from cali.

perc#1 martin griffen from NJ

perc#2 JJ pipitone from texas

guard curtis constanza from washington

Not enough west coast judges!

:P

Thats 44.4% of the judges who are from the West Coast....33.3% from Texas (middle ground?)...22.2% from the east coast....:P :P :P :P :P

Edited by WLCBonr04

cool, thanks for the quick review! how bad were the mic problems? i'm not trying to stir up anything, just want to know if it was bad enough that it might have been reflected in the score. if the score did reflect it, maybe blue stars could have come out in front of crossmen. just a thought.

The stadium had mic problems , even the anoncer had problems.

I missed the whole opening introduction to Blue Stars show and other parts through out.

the stadium system hurt crossmens radio segment.

the cadets queen of hearts who has a couple of speaking parts and vocalist were hurt by bad mics.

Bad day for pro mic fans.

I got back from the show a little while ago.

Blue Stars and Cascades were pretty good but lacked the Horn line power I enjoy.

The Crossmen were good and i enjoyed the humor that was created by the speaking parts, although, I really don't like to see a corps use comentary in their shows it worked for them.

The Blue Knights were good but there horn book didn't really have a recognizable melody.

Vanguard wa real good and should have beat Cadets.

The Cadets Horns and Percussion played perfect. It was the obscene dancing by the special characters and the over use of

speaking parts that didn't really add anything to the show. The attempt to add all the visual effects based around these four characters really detracted from the overall show. It was real hard to follow what was going on. The Cadets could have taken the contest without all the curcius like hoopla.

The Cavaliers with their machine show was the crowd favorite, my favorite and the judges favorite. They kept it basic entertaining, masculine and powerful. Go Green Machine