NEW SCV VID

interesting.. i don't see any video in that section...

Go to SCV's website http://www.scvanguard.org

Click on Vanguard located in the top menu bar

There's a Multimedia section located on the right side of the page

Under the Video section....click on Seattle, WA - July 8, 2006

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. and BTW... Pete Weber writes the drill... Myron is at Madison.

Please forgive me, I forgot you were a legend…in your own mind! You gained your expertise from…sitting in the stands? Until you have actually walked the walk you can’t talk the talk. You have a right to state your opinion, and I have a right to measure the credibility of your opinions by your DC experience and background!

If I told you "man, it feels great to make finals," then you have every cause to say "what do you know? you didn't march."

But if I said "man, Corps X's drill is just not effective this year," why would you say "what do you know? you didn't march."

Much like Phantom&Phitch, I didn't march in drum corps. That doesn't make my opinion on many things drum corps any less valid.

I think what Phantom&Phitch says is mostly absurd, regardless of whether he marched or not. But I suggest if you try to insult him, you watch who else you're insulting.

One last thought: If only former members filled the stands, drum corps would be playing to some sparse crowds.

I was there live, if you look closely in the video you see a member fall during the last couple of sets, nice recovery! When I watched the show in the stands the holes distracted. Other than that I can't wait to see SCV in Madison!

Anyways, to get back on topic--

Did the sopranos sound extremely thin on their sustained tones near the end of the show? Even though the video is from early July, it still made me cringe through the entire thing.

Didn't seem like the lower sops were balancing the leads...Should be an easy fix..I'm more worried about the lack of bari/euph sound...But that's probably due to the fact I marched euph..

The low brass sound in this recording is completely lost. The contras are actually pretty strong, yet they don't come across at all. I think theyre marching only 6 Euphs this year - at least thats what I counted back when they were in SoCal. Those baritones (the horns themselves) are so weak, though they complement a bigger euph section quite well.

And for those of you looking for the fall...about 3 sets before the end during the Vanguard yell, just outside the 40, side two. Looks like he/she kicks their horn around a bit, then gets back into it just in time for the horn pop. Cool stuff!

Edited by alto92