How are the corps doing in the heat

How's the corps holding up in the heat? Its gonna be in the 100s at 6pm, 90s by 9pm most nights for the rest of the week at most of the shows. Just wondering how this might affect performances.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I worry about heat exhaustion. I live in Texas where we're suppose to be use to this heat and it just beats you down. I cannot imagine how they are coping. All I can say is water, gatorade, water, gatorade....

I know. I worry about heat exhaustion. I live in Texas where we're suppose to be use to this heat and it just beats you down. I cannot imagine how they are coping. All I can say is water, gatorade, water, gatorade....

We were in Oklahoma a couple of years ago and I thought I was going to die. There was a call yesterday for anyone near SCV's rehearsal site to take some ice over.

this reminds me when The Cadets were in houston in 2003 (i think)

The high temp was 110+ degrees

my job was to find ice

our housing site was at George Bush High School (HUGE and beatuiful school)

they let us have all access to their ice makes...there was 5 I got to use

I think I estimated 4000 lbs of ice I scooped out in one day!

110º and my head was in an ice maker...not a horrible job

I think there was also like 4 fruit breaks in addition to the normal 4 meals

Corps staff and directors will be careful with this horrble heat

Tom

The upcoming show inside the temperature controlled GA Dome will be a nice break from the heat for the performers. I can't imagine practicing and performing in this heat every day!

Much respect to all the performers, staff and volunteers who bear the heat doing what they love! :worthy::laugh::laugh:

Battle Creek was intense this past Saturday. I can't imagine how the corps were able to cope. In fact, after Madison's show one guard member was throwing up water, and had to be helped off the field. I hope he recovered okay.

it'll be good practice for that rumored phoenix regional next year... average high temps the past week up there have been in the 112 area

The upcoming show inside the temperature controlled GA Dome will be a nice break from the heat for the performers. I can't imagine practicing and performing in this heat every day!

Much respect to all the performers, staff and volunteers who bear the heat doing what they love! :worthy::laugh::laugh:

Even with performing in a dome they still warm up outside in the sun. This Saturday in SA will be brutal out in those parking lots for warmup