DCA 2006 Line-Up

I was wondering what the official line-up was for Prelims in Rochester this year, and I realized that I couldn't find a list, official or otherwise. So, after some poking around, here's my best guess. Corrections are much appreciated.

Open Class:

Brigadiers

Buccaneers

Bushwackers

Caballeros

Carolina Gold

CorpsVets

Crusaders

Empire Statesmen

Frontier

Hurricanes

Kilties

Minnesota Brass

Music City Legend

Renegades

Skyliners

Sunrisers

A Class:

Alliance

Chops, Inc.

Govenaires

Gulf Coast Sound

Lakeshoremen

Mon Valley Express

SoCal Dream

White Sabers

Alumni Spectacular performances:

Skyliners Alumni

Caballeros Alumni

Yankee Rebels

Preston Scout House

Mighty St. Joe's

Crusaders Sr.

Erie Thunderbirds

Park City Pride

Bridgemen

MiniCorps:

?

Not coming out this year:

Grenadiers

Heat Wave

Jackson Generals

River City Regiment

Shenandoah Sound

Corps that will be on the field (look carefully, they'll be well hidden):

Stealthmen

Tremendous Blast!

Corps to (hopefully) look forward to in 2007 or 2008:

Crosswinds

Derby City Knights

Excelsior

G-Force

High Country Brass

Masquerade

North Coast Rock

Prairie Sound

Presidents

And that looks like it makes 24 corps going... Two down from last year. But, it looks like there's potential to have well over 30 corps in the near future! And that, my friend, is cool.

Edited by CallipygianKing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, it looks like there's potential to have well over 30 corps in the near future!

Side note about the state of the activity: DCI is on a trend to have their championships attendance (adding up all corps in all classes) in the 30s as well. Unfortunately, their trend is the opposite of DCA's...

Edited original post to reflect status of Shenandoah Sound (competing in Mini Corps instead of Class A this year).

High Country Brass should be on the 07/08 list. Not sure when they are hitting the field, but they are rehearsing.

Haven't heard from the Imperials lately... (MA)

Any update from the group trying to start something in OR?

What about Pacific Alliance/ThunderClam/Northwest Venture/etc

And Jackson Generals are on the field now, just not attending Champs yet

BTW.. .thanks for doing this :)

And that looks like it makes 24 corps going... Two down from last year. But, it looks like there's potential to have well over 30 corps in the near future! And that, my friend, is cool.

Agreed, as I stated in another thread somewhere, within 5 years I predict 35 - 40 corps for prelims,................

I haven't heard anything about the Presidents in years. And even when I was hearing about them, I wasn't seeing them.

G-Force, if I'm not mistaken, is no more.
I haven't heard anything about the Presidents in years. And even when I was hearing about them, I wasn't seeing them.

All I've heard from both is talk as well. In regards to that...

...There's still a G-Force trailer out there filled with horns, drums, and uniforms. I understand that the guy who is in possession of these items now resides 6 hours from where they were originally based. I can't count out the possibility that next year we'll hear of G-Force hailing from a new location.

...And the Presidents are running a Winterguard and Drumline, and I'm assuming that since they've put the effort toward a corps and continue to have an organization that they'll be on the field yet. In fact, they annouced brand new uniforms for the corps last fall. Again, the foundation seems to be there, but the execution is all that's needed.

Anyone else on that list has been added because of people telling me "don't forget that these guys announced they're forming and intending to be there..." The next two years seem to have DCA growing in leaps and bounds!