DCA 2006 Line-Up

Side note about the state of the activity: DCI is on a trend to have their championships attendance (adding up all corps in all classes) in the 30s as well. Unfortunately, their trend is the opposite of DCA's...

And they wonder why??? Thank goodness DCA still does DRUM CORPS, although I just saw in another thread that amps may be approved at some point.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed...

as I said... that was the official DCA announcement... those things all come from Fred. DCA would not make a special press release each time an application is received. However, he also would not have put it on DCP if it wasn't so.

And they wonder why??? Thank goodness DCA still does DRUM CORPS, although I just saw in another thread that amps may be approved at some point.

psst ~ there's an alumni corps out there using amps. guess they aren't really drum corps and they suck too right? :wink:

Ed...

as I said... that was the official DCA announcement... those things all come from Fred. DCA would not make a special press release each time an application is received. However, he also would not have put it on DCP if it wasn't so.

Im sorry,,I must have missed it..

Link?

And here I thought that DCA is increasing due to smart growth and management geared toward helping the little guy get off the ground, whereas DCI seems more focused on promoting headliners and mainstreaming the image of drum corps. Perhaps we should save the whining about amps for a different thread.

Anywho, here's the link to the Imperials' website, Ed...

http://www.pathwayproductions.org/imperials.htm

It seems that the only time they're fielding for competition this year is in Rochester. Hopefully this springboards them into more field shows, much like the Lakeshoremens' decision to do DCA last year seems to have really boosted their program. Maybe the Imperials will get into some earlier-season shows next summer, especially since they're right in the thick of things.

psst ~ there's an alumni corps out there using amps. guess they aren't really drum corps and they suck too right? :rock:

They're Alumni. They can do whatever they want.

I've been to about 4 Alumni Spectaculars and I've never seen an amp. I've seen chairs for members who needed to sit during the park & bark, but no amps. Who is carrying an amp? The Stealthmen? If it's the-bass-guitar-subbing-for-contras-trick, I can almost stand that, but if you want to sing, get in the I & E chorus competition.

psst ~ there's an alumni corps out there using amps. guess they aren't really drum corps and they suck too right? :rock:

168661445.jpg

I wouldn't dare say anything like that to their faces, though...

Now, before this gets too far, how about we save our amp gripes for the DCA amp thread?

Edited by CallipygianKing

:rock:

thank you :D