Louisville Lounge

I don't want to be the jerk but all those who were saying crown was going to be a good push this year for like the top 5 i see there score decreasing and madisons going up. Just my 2 cents

you're right... the 2.3 point spread between Madison and Crown two days ago was a complete fluke.

/sarcasm

~>conner

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I WANT SCORES NOW!!!!!!!!! (Crumbling cookie and looking threatening) :)

ooops that was meant for the kansas forum....LOL

Edited by blueorginal

Was at the show and it started late with no announcement as to why. I would guess, which I probably should not do, that it was to let the heat get away a little or at least the sun off the field.

Blue Devils - Very good but a little flat. Their run through Sunday was better than their show performance last night. Still best at the show with great technique. Was a little surprised at the spread.

Phantom - Seemed to have a lot of energy but dirty still. I enjoyed their performance best tonight and thought it was much better than their Sunday run through. I thought their percussion would be on top of Devils and surprised by that.

Crown - Really like their brass approach (for obvious reason) and thought the show was OK. Not reall big on the visual at this point. They did not seem real happy with their performance.

Glassmen - Really surprised that they were that close to crown. Not real big on this show but it did have a couple of moments and felt it would be at least a couple of points behind.

Spirit - Their first hit was the loudest musical moment of the night. Kind of a cool show just dirty.

Southwind - First corp that I caught and was really surprised and liked their show. Seemed very young but entertaining.

Pioneer - Sorry I missed their show as we were inline for pizza and then the DCI booth had Star 91' playing and my son wanted to see where "Daddy" was during the show.

As a whole I think it is not a great stadium for the music accompanied with HIGH humidity. Sound just really did not get anywhere plus the field is far removed from the stands.

My daughter just called and said they stepped off late because apparently they had a difficult time getting the crowd into the stands before the first corps was to begin. She was surprised by that, since Louisville is no stranger to hosting DCI. The holdup seemed to be at the gate.

Edited by Spirit Guard Mom

Yeah- not only was it unprofessional to start late, it completely messed with Pioneer's focus going in. They were all ready to go on, and... they kept waiting, so they finally started milling. The pit was all set up, so what were they supposed to do for 20 minutes but chill? I'm not saying it made a huge difference in placement, but still I think it was a bad idea to start late like that.

My thoughts on the show:

BD: I liked the show, even if I'd never seen the movies :huh: . They were pretty loud, and their trumpet players can PLAY!! (Big surprise.) The only thing is, I think it started a little slow IMO. A lot of percussion and drill without the big hit I was waiting for, until finally....DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUMMM...... :blink:

Phantom: WOW. The end of the Mahler is quite possibly one of my favorite moments in drum corps. Those chords are intense, and combined with the visual, this becomes easily the best show of the season IMO. Watching it, I was speechless. This was a flat out awesome show.

And a complete contrast to Devs, this show starts out so fast you wonder if you missed something. Exciting, but I wish there was a (short) build to get all excited about the fast, loud stuff. But overall a fantastic, fantastic show.

:rock::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::worthy:

All the other corps were pretty impressive. It's been interesting to watch how Southwind has improved so drastically over the last few weeks. Spirit was unbelievably loud, and their soloists were amazing, especially the euph. Crown was pretty loud too. I don't understand In.trance.it but I still like the show.

I don't want to be the jerk but all those who were saying crown was going to be a good push this year for like the top 5 i see there score decreasing and madisons going up. Just my 2 cents

well maybe you just havent seen crown lately...they easily have a top five show, lets not forget they just relearned half of there opener,and have made several other changes to the show this past week, lets give them a little recovery time, they are trying to do so much, that it makes them far dirtier at this point than many of the corps, with their wonderfull brass, and probably top 3 or 4 colorguard, i can easily see them pushing into the top five by the end....if there drumline ever pulls it together?

My daughter just called and said they stepped off late because apparently they had a difficult time getting the crowd into the stands before the first corps was to begin. She was surprised by that, since Louisville is no stranger to hosting DCI. The holdup seemed to be at the gate.

The same thing happened in Battle Creek. I believe it was right before Mephis Sound went on they took a bigger break so people could climb to their seats.