Music you'd like to see performed...

I would LOVE to see a corp do some of the music from the movie "Patton"

The corps I see that could perform it....Garfield (i still refuse to call them "the cadets")

Patton was already done in 1972 I think by Toronto Optimists - I'd like to see a re-do today.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Madison doing that one, also.

And give Cesario another opening to talk about swashing his buckle??? :rock:

The man is a freakin genius. However, I think I'm right in saying that he had a bad experience as a trumpet player in a marching band. I think they told him he was "impossible" or something. So he might not be too keen.

I must be the only one, because I simply cannot stand Eric Whitacre. After reading all the gushing about his work, I went out and bought a few CD's. I listened to each one of them no fewer than 8 times each. I simply cannot remember a single thing about them other than they all sounded the same, there was not a single melody I took away from it, nothing memorable, etc. It seemed to be just a whole series of chord progressions. They sounded nice, but an hour long warm up exercise doesn't do it for me.

I've often thought that the Mandarins should play up the Chinese origin that they have by doing some works such as:

The Butterfly Lovers

Music from the ballet "Raise the Red Lantern"

Music from the Last Emperor

Music from Nixon in China -- in particular the Cultural Revolution ballet sequence (it's good music and gives the benfit of giving a visual package that can easily be lifted from the opera.

Maybe they should do China: Revolution/Evolution A show that traces the struggle of traditional society as it tries to adapt and change through the Chinese Revolution(s) and the current evolution of China into the next Superpower. I think that's a show that would lend itself to one of those lengthy show descriptions that I just love so well.

OMG You did not! lol --- I marched Pirates in '04

=P ----- That was a good show ---- and the crowd loved it. Screw Cavies on dat one --- they wouldn't "perform it" --- it would just be a bunch of the same drill re-usage that they use every year, box squares, twirling, maybe some triangle groupings -- but yeah --- zzzzzzz...

If anyone is going to take my Pirates show away - its gonna be SCV --- they are the only "ACTIVE" corps that knows how to "perform" a show ---- when I say perform --- I mean, show-type performance, not just a bunch of random formations.

The toccata from Boellman's Suite Gothique for Organ.

IT would be perfect of the feild. If i had a link to a recording i would post it. You have got to hear it.

Edited by EuphCub