Music you'd like to see performed...

eh i kinda loathe everything bartok ever wrote lol

Funny thing is, I do to. Fortunately, the piece I was talking about is his arrangement of some old-timey roumanian choral hymn. So it's not really written by him, I guess. Makes it that much easier to handle for those of us who aren't the biggest of fans of his music. :P

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a piece that our wind ensemble played this year. called bogorditse devo. its a rach. chorale and perhaps one of the most beautiful things ever. tim salzmann at U of washington did the arrangement that we played...just wow..anybody heard it. i have the choral version if anybody wants to hear it..just pm me..

Just thought of a couple more

Trauersinfonie--Wagner (if arranged correctly, this could be an instant classic in the vein of Elsa's Procession for Phantom)

Music for a Found Harmonium--Pioneer, please? Though lots of other corps could do fun stuff with this one, IMO.

there is a piece that our wind ensemble played this year. called bogorditse devo. its a rach. chorale and perhaps one of the most beautiful things ever. tim salzmann at U of washington did the arrangement that we played...just wow..anybody heard it. i have the choral version if anybody wants to hear it..just pm me..

Yeah. Beautiful piece. Good one!

Well, this thread comes up every year, and every year I say:

The music of Styx!!! (no, I don't want keyboards on the field, lol)

Paradise Theater (opener)

Mr. Roboto (percussion feature)

Babe or Come sail away (ballad)

There are other songs that could be incorporated into a drumcorps show if handled correctly. I know it sounds kind of wacky, but I think it could work (particularly Mr. Roboto, believe it or not...I've had an arrangement in my mind for years that would be perfect for Blue Devils, and they did "Tommy" back in 90, so...)

I didn't read enough of this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but I see some groups out there today who could pull-off a Radiohead show...

eh i kinda loathe everything bartok ever wrote lol

You blaspheme!

Seriously. Listen to his Piano Concerto's, Concerto for Orchestra, the String Quartets, Music for Stirngs Percussion and Celesta, Four Orchestral Pieces, or his violin concertos and sonatas. The list goes on. Bartok is one of my favorites.

Well, this thread comes up every year, and every year I say:

The music of Styx!!! (no, I don't want keyboards on the field, lol)

Paradise Theater (opener)

Mr. Roboto (percussion feature)

Babe or Come sail away (ballad)

There are other songs that could be incorporated into a drumcorps show if handled correctly. I know it sounds kind of wacky, but I think it could work (particularly Mr. Roboto, believe it or not...I've had an arrangement in my mind for years that would be perfect for Blue Devils, and they did "Tommy" back in 90, so...)

Styx would be so cool! I could Mr. Roboto being the opener as well.