Cavaliers win Percussion over the Cadets

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anomaly.

The Cavies brand new Casella style is great to hear, but the overwhelming difficulty of the Cadet's book will prevail in the end. Count on it!

Agreed! If the Cadets are even close to being as clean as everyone else, they should be able to win!

Phantom is doing so well because they are clean! Same with BD. But niether one has the book that the Cadets do.

Nate

It's interesting, because I heard the exact same arguments, only in favor of the Cavaliers. I heard the book was crazy, and that once they cleaned it up, it would place them in the top couple of groups. In contrast, all I've heard is how clean the Cadets were since the beginning of the season.

Check 1992 Out

7/24

Nashville, TN

DCI Preview of Champions

Prelims

1 Star of Indiana 91.9

2 Blue Devils 89.7

3 Cavaliers 89.2

4 Madison Scouts 88.5

5 Phantom Regiment 88.1

6 Cadets 88.0

8/15

Madison, WI

DCI Finals

1 Cavaliers 97.5

2 Cadets 97.0

3 Star of Indiana 96.7

4 Blue Devils 95.4

5 Madison Scouts 93.7

6 Crossmen 92.2

1992 isn't a very good example, because it wasn't a typical year for The Cadets. They were pretty weak at the beginning of the year and it took them a while to stop being weak. In fact, their prelims performance at Preview was quite tragic from what I understand. In fact it was so bad that, Marc Sylvester bascially yelled at the corps for several minutes with the key phrase of the rant being "They're laughing at you."

Certainly you could count 87 as a come from behind year, but they were good all year, SCV was just better until the end.

It's interesting, because I heard the exact same arguments, only in favor of the Cavaliers. I heard the book was crazy, and that once they cleaned it up, it would place them in the top couple of groups. In contrast, all I've heard is how clean the Cadets were since the beginning of the season.

The Cavies' book IS crazy. It's every bit as hard as Cadets... mostly because whatever it lacks in technical difficulty, it makes up in musicality, comparitively. I'm sorry but the Cadets book just isn't very musical. Their drum break is just random banging, tap rolls, flams, whatever... it doesn't make sense to me, really. However, I do appreciate it for its difficulty, and those players are incredible... its just the writing that I don't like.

Apparently the Cadets percussion is back in first place.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

The Cavies' book IS crazy. It's every bit as hard as Cadets... mostly because whatever it lacks in technical difficulty, it makes up in musicality, comparitively. I'm sorry but the Cadets book just isn't very musical. Their drum break is just random banging, tap rolls, flams, whatever... it doesn't make sense to me, really. However, I do appreciate it for its difficulty, and those players are incredible... its just the writing that I don't like.

Cadets drum feature isnt supposed to be musical. it doesnt accompany music. and the most musical drum book award this year goes to Phantom.

I heard that too.

1992 isn't a very good example, because it wasn't a typical year for The Cadets. They were pretty weak at the beginning of the year and it took them a while to stop being weak. In fact, their prelims performance at Preview was quite tragic from what I understand. In fact it was so bad that, Marc Sylvester bascially yelled at the corps for several minutes with the key phrase of the rant being "They're laughing at you."

Certainly you could count 87 as a come from behind year, but they were good all year, SCV was just better until the end.

1992 Proves a point for me, they were as crocker said the Cavaliers were holding off a surging Cadets. Very similar to a description of 2003 might I add.

Just one more day.