Judges, 2006

Seems like there have been too many judges not showing up to DCI shows this season? Didn't that happen at a couple of the Pacific Northwest shows a few weeks back, and then the brass judge at the show last night? What's going on? Flaky judges? Transportation problems? DCI not taking care of their judges? What's going on? Sure doesn't seem very professional.

Edited by yellowbusredux

It's possible that there simply isn't anyone available

It's possible that there simply isn't anyone available

DCI supposedly has judges lined up (for each and every caption) long before the season is under way. It's not like DCI says "hey, there's a show next Saturday, let's find some judges."

I recall this happened once during the 6 years I marched, due to last minute food poisoining that a judge sustained.

As someone whp travels for work, i can tell you that the flights are so tight any more that if someone misses a connection or has a flight cancel it is very likely they would not have another option to get there depending on where they are going from and to. The flights are also very full this summer so even if another flight is available they might not get on it..

As long as it doesnt happen during a regional or Finals week, it's not a big deal.

As long as it doesnt happen during a regional or Finals week, it's not a big deal.

I would think there are extras at the regionals because of caption heads etc and finals has probly 4 or 5 panels between all the shows and I think they get there before the day of the contest.

I have not replied in a long time, but I thought this would be the time.

Maybe the judges are getting sick and tired as to where DCI is heading!!

Just thinking of the good old days!1

CODI

Even if that were true it has nothing at all to do with judges not making it to shows.