Mid Season Analysis

I've done some analysis of the season's scores so far, and it appears that three or four distinct groups are forming the top 12. Looks like we have a 2-3-5-2 format going. Here's how I see it:

Group A:

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

(one of these corps will win it all, barring a miracle)

Group B:

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

Cadets

(interesting group: 2 corps people would like to see win, and "corps controversy")

Group C:

Santa Clara Vanguard

Carolina Crown

Madison Scouts

Blue Knights

Boston Crusaders

(this may be the most exciting group to watch from now until finals)

Group D:

Glassmen

Spirit

(anyone else sneaking into finals is going to have to jump quite a bit)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your groupings and that it is going to be tough for Colts or Crossmen to catch Spirit this year.

Glassmen right now are interesting to watch...I wouldn't be surprised if they moved back into the 6th-11th mix, or if they stayed a couple points back and comfortably in 11th. I'm not sure Spirit has enough to catch them though.

Group A:

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Group B:

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

Cadets

(interesting group: 2 corps people would like to see win, and "corps controversy")

I agree it is a very interesting year and some groupings are certainly happening--however--Group A and B, really need to be merged. I think it would take far less than a miracle for someone from B to move up and take it all. We have 3 weeks--anything can happen still, look at past trends and jumps in scores. The last few years have had less movement, but prior to that, its all over the place. This year seems to be one of those strong years all the way around, so I say if your in the top 5, you have a shot!

I agree it is a very interesting year and some groupings are certainly happening--however--Group A and B, really need to be merged. I think it would take far less than a miracle for someone from B to move up and take it all. We have 3 weeks--anything can happen still, look at past trends and jumps in scores. The last few years have had less movement, but prior to that, its all over the place. This year seems to be one of those strong years all the way around, so I say if your in the top 5, you have a shot!

I say the odds of someone other than the Cavaliers or Blue Devils winning it all are about 10%. It's nice to dream that a corps could jump both of them, but I think that is HIGHLY unlikely.

Yeah Glassmen isn't out of Group C's reach at all and Colts aren't out of Group D's reach yet

It looks like the Crossmen are finally getting into the mix of things, I'd put them in range of Group D as well. It's definitely going to be a showdown for that 12th spot.

While the champion might come from Group A, and it might be unlikely that someone from Group B wins it all, but I think that it is definitely possible that the corps from Group A that does not win it all (BD IMHO) can get caught by one or more of the corps from Group B. So while I agree that the corps from Group B will not likely win it all, they can still reach 2nd.

Cadets are, unfortunately, in Group A. Come on! They will be 3rd, at worst, come finals.

I've done some analysis of the season's scores so far, and it appears that three or four distinct groups are forming the top 12. Looks like we have a 2-3-5-2 format going. Here's how I see it:

Group A:

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Group B:

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

Cadets

Group C:

Santa Clara Vanguard

Carolina Crown

Madison Scouts

Blue Knights

Boston Crusaders

(this may be the most exciting group to watch from now until finals)

Group D:

Glassmen

Spirit

(anyone else sneaking into finals is going to have to jump quite a bit)

Yeah Glassmen isn't out of Group C's reach at all and Colts aren't out of Group D's reach yet

Couldn't agree more. Glassmen rock this year!

Cadets are, unfortunately, in Group A. Come on! They will be 3rd, at worst, come finals.

Thats not what the little yellow slip of paper I found at Indy said....... crap did I just type that..